Study shows vits. C and E good for heart function

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Study shows vits. C and E good for heart function

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:26 pm

http://www.newstarget.com/021924.html

Plotnick found that a typical McDonald's breakfast led to a significant and rapid decline in normal blood-vessel tone and blood flow. The changes lasted for two to four hours (until about when the average person might be hungry enough for another fast-food meal). But the good news was this: taking 800 IU of vitamin E and 1,000 mg of vitamin C prevented the dangerous changes in endothelial function.

The study clearly demonstrated the benefits of vitamins E and C, and Plotnick concluded that antioxidants help maintain normal endothelial function.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

djepicurus

Post Number:#2  Post by djepicurus » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:29 am

My god that disgusting McDonalds breakfast is what I lived on for a few years, in my late teens, early 20's. I'm 26 now, but I have taken on a newfound interest in my health. My body has been wrecked physically from years of drug and alcohol abuse and poor diet. I suffer from horrible anxiety, depression, low energy. I had always thought these things were something separate from cardiovascular disease, and that CVD was something that people my age, had no business worrying about. Yet I'm starting to slowly realize the truth. That these maladies are somehow linked. I have neglected my physical health and I'm paying for it. I just hope I can turn my cardiovascular situation around. I quit smoking 3 years ago, and have given up the booze for a few months now, I exercise everyday, take 15 grams of vitamin c, and I have to admit I'm feeling better and better everyday.

In the past, I have taken 2 different anti-depressants, 2 different anti-anxiety drugs, and an adhd drug over the years and nothing has ever helped me. Yet, I've noticed that keeping my ascorbate levels up, dosing every 3-4 hours, for a total intake of lik 15-20 grams, has virtually eliminated my depressive symptoms. I'm now a firm believer!!!!!!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Thank you

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:16 am

Thank you for posting. We always enjoy reading postive reports.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

djepicurus

Post Number:#4  Post by djepicurus » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:42 am

Thank you Owen for your work, and your interesting articles. I used to view vitamin C as a kind of nonchalant, conventional substance that was required for good health, but not nearly as exciting as all these other "miracle" drugs and substances out there being pushed on the american public. I had this image in my mind, of orange juice and colds and whatever else. I had heard a few times in my life about a strange vitamin C megadosing subculture out there somewhere who believed that what they were doing was good for their health, when in reality they were playing with fire and would probably compromise their health in some ungodly fashion.

Of course thats the power of prejudice. I accepted at face value, the evil implication of the words "megadose" and "vitamin" in conjunction, yet didn't give a thought to the "megadose" of ethyl alcohol, or various other substances or the "megadose" (which would be any dose for that matter) of frankenstein human chemicals that our good doctors give us with a smile and handshake. So I've decided to fire my good doctors and take matters into my own hands. I'll take my chances with this nontoxic chemical and if I get cancer from Vitamin C, then so be it, better than cancer from cigarettes or alcohol, or pharmaceutical garbage.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”