Angina Worsens on A-9

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Angina Worsens on A-9

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:49 am

------------------------------------------------------

My husbands angina appears to be getting worse. He has been taking Ascorbic 9 for 10 days (3 tablespoons a day in two doses). (Previously he was taking HT) He stopped taking statins three weeks ago when we read of the negative effect. Can you comment please? Having read the testimonials, we were hoping for a more immediate result. We are feeling a little bit desperate!!! Kind regards, Y. T. UK
------------------------------------------------------

Dear Y. T.

I would not give up, but I might increase or decrease the dosage, or intervals between servings.

I think stopping the statins is wise, but just stopping any drug may require a period of adjustment. That is one reason I usually recommend weaning from the drug, say cutting the pill in half, then every other day, etc.

It may not be a bad idea to gradually introduce HT/A9 either as Linus Pauling recommended.

Now when you say the Angina is "worse", can he explain that a little better? Is the pain more intense or more frequent?

Depending on several factors, including the severity of his disease, the level of toxins in the body, his ability to absorb vitamin C, etc., he may require more time than 10 days.

A few question, most importantly, is he also supplementing CoQ10 and Omega/3?

Forgive me if I have asked these questions before, but these are factors that may affect his response.

1. Does he have elevated blood sugar? (Take vitamin C away from
carbohydrates and with proteins)

2. Does he have dental work (amalgams or root canals)? (These are sources
of toxicity and they may indicate he needs more vitamin C, if he can't
remove the toxicity.)

3. What is his vit C bowel tolerance? (If his tolerance were 30,000 mg and he
is only getting 6000 to 12000 mg, then he may be 24,000 mg short of
his daily vitamin C requirement.)

4. Does he have a medicated stent?

It is possible that he is having a positive result, but that the increased pain is masking the gains. How could this happen? Well, if the improved nurtition improved the nervous system, the recognition of pain may also improve. I'm not saying this is happening, but it is a possibility.

Lastly what are the objective measures? Do you know his blood pressure, has it improved, stayed the same or gotten worse ? (Hopefully BP can be measured in a calm state, or at home.)

What are his cholesterol numbers? Why was he put on a statin? What were the numbers to begin with?

p.s. More thoughts

My guess is that during the initial period he needs even more vitamin C - best taken every 4 hours. I'd keep up what you are doing, but start taking a 500 mg ascorbic acid tablet in between every 4 hours or so.

If the pain doesn't get better, take 1000 mg of vitamin C as ascorbic acid between servings every 4 hours.

See if he can work up to 2000 mg of vitamin C as ascorbic acid every 4 hours without diarrhea.

In this way, he will be guaranteed to receive all the vitamin C that he may require. If he starts to get diarrhea, you can back down from the 2000 mg between servings.

Please let me know how he responds.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

J.Lilinoe

Pain & low levels of potassium

Post Number:#2  Post by J.Lilinoe » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:59 am

On the Stopped Our Statins forum, someone complained about angina too. In that person's case, he had 2 stents. However, when that person went in for some blood work, they determined that he was low in potassium. Once he took more potassium the pain went away. So? Just wondering if the meds are causing a depletion of potassium and thus an increase in potassium is what could make the pain go away?[/b]

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”