Angioplasty - What products should we take?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Angioplasty - What products should we take?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:02 am

My husband just had an angiogram and plasty and had high cholesterol and I
probably have high c. also....Should he take the Ascorsine and I should
start with the Heart Technology? I have read your site and some of the
Pauling stuff....Please let me know...want to do this asap

Dear G. D.:

Yours is a common question

The answer is that 2 jars monthly of Ascorsine-9, perhaps with additional vitamin C if you can tolerate it. The ascorbic acid form is best and leaves little to chance.

That is, if you can afford it. Most people we deal with can't. They are on a fixed income and insurance doesn't pay, etc.

If cost is an issue, the regular HeartTechnology drink is a fine product,
and contains the specific ingredients Linus Pauling recommended for cardiovascular disease.

In any event, you and your husband should begin taking vitamin C as ascorbic acid while you contemplate what else to do. I recommend starting with 500 mg every 4 waking hours. SAMS CLUB has a good 500 mg tablets product (Sams used to have a good product. I went there yesterday, and now their product includes "rose hips" and is labeled natural?!?! Look for pure ascorbic acid with as few fillers as possible. Or perhaps capsules).

Then read the Levy book http://www.livonbooks.com

See http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm to help you figure out how to determine the right amount of vitamin C in your individual case.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

More

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:27 am

I am taking Ascorbic Acid crystals....every 4....Do we know the long term effects of these products on the body? except whose body can we talk about since everyone is different constitutionally.?.. I can't read this stuff yet...I get too upset....My brother is a doc in Chicago and asks me what studies have been done...I am at the opposite end of the spectrum..I have studied Ayurveda for the past 15 yrs. and take Triphala which has high Vit. C in it... (Amalaki) but I haven't watched closely enough for myself...isn't that always the way???? My husband is VERY stubborn and doesn't listen to me at all...He trusts the conservative traditional ways and I slowly and gently point out to him that, in this world, things that we used to trust we can't necessarily anymore...When I asked his cardiologist about Lipitor and its side effects, he told me about muscular pain in the thighs...Well, the heart is a muscle and I asked if it couldn't cause heart pain...He said no...That made me very nervous because i have read alot about the side effects of Lipitor on the heart and it is not a pretty sight...These statins are
powerful drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother has many gyn patients taking Lipitor and he says side effects are very rare....That is not what I have
read........

Thanks for responding. I have doctors throughout my family too, and they all think I am nuts. (Probably I am, but I enjoy being one, since I have been helping people recover from severe illness for now more than 10 years.)

If you were the person who asked about both of you, I diddn't really answer the question about you. Vitamin C is required - period.

Read Dr. Thomas Levy's STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER livonbooks.com, then give it to your husband and your doctor brother. Levy is a board certified cardiologist. This book may or may not be convincing, but he found over 650 studies already in the literature to support his thesis - which matches Linus Pauling - that a localized scruvy, vitamin C deficiency - on the arterial wall causes heart disease.

Just be prepared - doctors are deliberately brainwashed to strongly believe that vitamin C can not possibly be involved. From their point of view, how could the mighty medical establishment have missed something so simple.

Next time the doc (you said brother?) asks about a study, ask him if he'd be willing to run one! We are looking for skeptics.

So my advice is to have your husband start by reading the Levy book.

THEN

Since there is no known toxicity, you might have him view the Pauling DVD - especially the last 15 minutes, the 3 cases - and ask him, what has he got to lose by trying vitamin C and lysine??

As far as the drugs, again, there is a mountain of propaganda propping up the sale of this "plant derived poison".. One thing to try is to have him (and your docs) read the Canadian version of the New England Journal of Medicine... This version has warnings about statins that are not required in the US version.

Owen
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Canadian NEJM

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:30 am

Where can I find the link to the Canadian New England Journal of Medicine?

This is a scan from the NEJM - Canada

http://naturesperfectstatin.com/canada.htm

The warnings you want to point out to your brother are about the CoQ10 lowering effect, and the Lp(a) increasing effect of statins.

Then there is the Merck patent to add CoQ10 to statins because of the new heart-detrimental effect of depleting CoQ10

Merck patent 4,933,165 (1990) shows statin drugs without nutrient supplementation lead to 0.5% myopathies.

It is interesting that there are no such warnings in the U.S. version of NEJM!

Owen
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”