Doctor Worried about High LDL

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Doctor Worried about High LDL

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:42 am

Hi Owen

You may recall that I stopped taking all drugs from the hospital about 12 months ago....?

Recently, I had a blood test: the first proper test in that time. Basically, the cardiologist shouted at me!!!!

He pointed to the LDL figures. "These are awful. You were doing so well. What happened? I am going to put you on a more powerful drug."

The figures showed that LDL has gone from 1.8 to 3.4

However, total Cholesterol is down to 5.6

What can I do to lower the LDL?

The "more powerful drug", to replace Lipitor, is Crestor [rosuvastatin] 20mg. Do you know this drug?

My full list of drugs, none of which I take, is now:

Crestor
Vastarel MR [Trimetazidine]
Metoprolol Tartrate
Asprin
Isoket [retard]- isosorbide dinitrate
Norvasc - amlodipine besylate

Really appreciate any hints on this Owen. Also, is it worth posting on the chat board?

Best
A.

Dear A.,

Yes I know Crestor - Public Citizen has put out a warning about this drug saying it should be banned.
http://www.citizen.org/publications/rel ... &catID=126

See http://www.worstpills.org/results.cfm?drug_id=1025 for all "worstpill" results.

Total cholesterol is down. Good. Progress.

You do know that Vitamin E, CoQ10, and various fat soluble nutrients travel around the blood stream on LDL cholesterol?

In my opinion, LDL got the "bad" name for being deadly when Lp(a) (which
has the same density) was grouped with LDL in the early studies.

When you separate Lp(a) from LDL, as Framingham eventually did, you find that Lp(a) is highly predictive, and the LDL portion is not deadly. (However, our pharmaceutical friends have drugs to lower LDL, but not Lp(a))

I know it is hard. These doctors go to school for what seems like centuries, and it is hard to ignore them. But I do not worry about LDL, and you shouldn't either, from the point of view that artifically lowering it will have any effect on heart disease.

Lp(a) is the key, do you know what your serum level is?

Glad you are NOT taking those drugs. You are a smart individual.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#2  Post by Dolev » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:39 pm

Hey, those are the same drugs that I don't take!
Dolev

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#3  Post by J.Lilinoe » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:43 pm

Doctors are the sickest group of drug pushing quacks out there. Beware of them!!!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”