carotid ultrasound results

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

sharonstar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

carotid ultrasound results

Post Number:#1  Post by sharonstar » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:11 am

I just want to let everyone know that the vitamin c, lysine and proline are working!! The left carotid internal % of blockage was 54% in 2005, 40% in 2006 and now less than 30% as of now. The right internal % of blockage was 66% in 2005, 60% in 2005 and now 50 to less than 60%. I realize this is a slow process but I have been monitoring these blockages since 1990. The surgeon predicted that I would have to have surgery last year so I am very happy with these results.

Recently I have added pomegranate capsules and vitamin D (5,000 Units). I have also increased the fish oil to 6 grams of pharmaceutical grade.
Currently I am taking 20 grams of vitamin c, 6 grams of lysine and 1500 mg of proline in addition to a good regimen of vitamins and antioxidants.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who give valuable information almost every day.

Sharon

Seymore Spectacles

Re: carotid ultrasound results

Post Number:#2  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:48 am

Sharon,

Congratulations! And, thank you for sharing your progress with us. It's a valuable contribution, IMO.

Would you mind describing your overall program? By this I mean: your diet, exercise routine and your supplement list (as detailed as possible).

It's good to learn from success. I'm sure we could all learn something from yours! :)

Thanks again and continued success!

sharonstar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by sharonstar » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:35 am

Seymore,

I lost 40 lbs. last year by following a low carb diet and trying to follow Thomas Smith's plan to reverse diabetes. Almost immediately the blood sugars(fasting) came down from 120's-140's to 80's-90's. I have goofed off since Thanksgiving and gained a little back but am now back on track.

As far as exercise goes, I mainly work out on my gazelle(Tony Little) anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes 5 days a week and I use resistance bands when I don't get to the gym for strength training.

My supplement list is extensive:
Multi vitamin
Alpha lipoic acid 300 mg twice daily
Magnesium 400 mg AM and at bedtime
Vitamin E 400 IU
D3 5,000 mg
Pomegranate Punicoside Complex twice daily
Fish Oil 6 grams
B Complex twice daily
Riboflavin 100 mg 6 daily(for migraine prevention)
CoQ10 100 mg
Glucosamine Chondroitin twice daily
Zinc 30 mg
D-Ribose 850 mg
K2 5 mg
Chromium picolinate 500 mcg.
Digestive enzymes before meals
Probiotic at bedtime
Niacin 500 mg 3 times daily
And recently I have added 2 Tablespoons of granulated lecithin.
Also I take vanadyl sulfate 10 mg with meals that may have a lot of carbs such as a baked potato, etc.

My goal for this year is to cut out any processed food.

Sharon

Seymore Spectacles

Post Number:#4  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks for sharing the info, Sharon. I appreciate it!

sharonstar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by sharonstar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:22 pm

Seymore, you're very welcome. Thanks for the encouragement.
Sharon

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”