Higher Cholesterol = Greater Muscle Gain

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Seymore Spectacles

Higher Cholesterol = Greater Muscle Gain

Post Number:#1  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:18 pm

At the conclusion of the study, the researchers found that there was a significant association of dietary cholesterol and change in strength. In general, those with higher cholesterol intake also had the highest muscle strength gain.

Cholesterol circulating in the blood also appeared to have contributed to greater muscle gain in the participants, Riechman said.

“One possible explanation is through cholesterol’s important role in the inflammation process,” he noted.

“As you exercise, your muscles can become sore because they are rebuilding muscle mass. More cholesterol may result in a more robust inflammatory response. We know that inflammation in some areas, such as near the heart, is not good, but for building muscles it may be beneficial, and cholesterol appears to aid in this process.”

Riechman said that subjects who were taking cholesterol-lowering drugs while participating in the study showed lower muscle gain totals than those who were not.

“Needless to say, these findings caught us totally off guard,” he explains.

“From here, we need to look at a number of questions, such as what exactly happens to cholesterol while you are exercising? What role does protein intake have in all of this? What we really need to do is to trace cholesterol the moment it goes into the muscles.”

Combined with exercise, cholesterol appears to play a role in contributing to muscle gain, Riechman says. The key here is working out – it doesn’t mean sitting in front of a television all day thinking you don’t have to worry about cholesterol levels.

http://www.physorg.com/news119117414.html

joiv
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Egg

Post Number:#2  Post by joiv » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:07 am

Many in my family have low cholesterol, including me. I have been suspecting what you have described above for a long time. Even though I have exercised hard (weight lifting), I don't feel that my muscle gain has been as great as expected.

I am seriously going to increase my intake of egg.
Bowel Tolerance: Approximately 30 grams – Prefers pure ascorbic acid.

J.Lilinoe

Re: Higher Cholesterol = Greater Muscle Gain

Post Number:#3  Post by J.Lilinoe » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks Seymour for this information and the link which I saved.
This goes to show us how way off base the medical system is
regarding cholesterol.

sharonstar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Higher Cholesterol = Greater Muscle Gain

Post Number:#4  Post by sharonstar » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Thanks, Seymore. I also saved that link and have referred back to it several times.

Sharon

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”