Heart Technology Treatment and Congestive Heart Failure

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

KathyHKidd

Heart Technology Treatment and Congestive Heart Failure

Post Number:#1  Post by KathyHKidd » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:46 am

I've been trying to determine whether the Heart Technology treatment is helpful for congestive heart failure, but I haven't been successful. I do not have any coronary artery blockage -- just CHF, which was caused by untreated sleep apnea that I had for 20+ years.

The Heart Technology treatment is very expensive -- at least, it is for me! I don't want to take it if its primary use is to unclog arteries, because that's not my problem. Can anyone point me to some research that specifically targets treatments for CHF?

hopefully,
Kathy Kidd

joiv
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Heart Technology Treatment and Congestive Heart Failure

Post Number:#2  Post by joiv » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:39 am

Coenzyme Q10 is a substance that is essential to energy production. No coQ10, no energy. In CHF, there is a deficiency of coQ10 (and other substances needed for energy production) in the heart musculature, and there is a strong correlation between the severity of heart failure and degree of deficiency of coQ10.

Randomized controlled trials on coenzyme Q10 in CHF (– does not show significant effect, + significant effect and/or supports use)
"Favorable effects of CoQ10 on LV contractility, ejection fraction, exercise tolerance, cardiac output, end diastolic volume index, and stroke volume are demonstrated in the literature, and this improvement is associated with an enhanced functional capacity. Due to the notable absence of clinically significant side effects and likely therapeutic benefit, CoQ(10) can be considered a safe adjunct to standard therapies in CHF."
+ PMID: 8241697
+ PMID: 16882678
+ PMID: 16873938
+ PMID: 15188947
? Comment: PMID: 15553298
+ PMID: 12075268
+ PMID: 9420639
+ PMID: 7752827
+ PMID: 8241695
– PMID: 10766682
+ Comment: PMID: 11074911
– PMID: 10334422
+ Comment: PMID: 10898453, PMID: 10716489
– PMID: 1464342

Safety of coenzyme Q10
"These findings showed that Kaneka Q10 was well-tolerated and safe for healthy adults at intake of up to 900 mg/day." PMID: 16431002
"The OSL risk assessment method indicates that the evidence of safety is strong at intakes up to 1200 mg/day, and this level is identified as the OSL. Much higher levels have been tested without adverse effects and may be safe, but the data for intakes above 1200 mg/day are not sufficient for a confident conclusion of safety." PMID: 16814438

In most trials 200 mg or less has been used, and often with significant improvements in prognosis. But why use only 200 mg when more is better?
"The attainment of higher blood levels of CoQ10 (> 3.5 micrograms/ml) with the use of higher doses of CoQ10 appears to enhance both the magnitude and rate of clinical improvement." PMID: 10416041
Bowel Tolerance: Approximately 30 grams – Prefers pure ascorbic acid.

joiv
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by joiv » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:41 am

Bowel Tolerance: Approximately 30 grams – Prefers pure ascorbic acid.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:17 am

Thanks joiv - I concur, and I happen to be rereading Dr. Stephen Sinatra's book on CoQ10.

According to Sinatra, many drugs and an OVER active thyroid, can burn up CoQ10 reserves in the body, leading to congestive heart failure. One of the worst drugs is a chemotherapy drugs Andromycian. (I'll check the spelling later).

The treatment is the same, take CoQ10, only the dosage may differ, and CoQ10 must be taken with fats/oils for the best effect.

It is not the CoQ10 you ingest, it is the CoQ10 that makes it into your blood stream that counts.

Sinatra recommends Tischon's Q-Gels.

I would start with 200 mg with meals (fats/oils)

THen increase by 100 mg daily until the symptoms reside.

You can probably go as high as 1200 mg daily, but I would
think a maintenance dosages is around 400 mg daily.

A young, healthy human can make about 500 mg daily, according to Dr. John Ely.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Ralph Lotz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:49 am

Tischon's Q-Gels are 3 times more potent than ordinary COQ10. It is what I take.
Country Life in HF stores cost $67.95
I used to sell them on my site for $33 until I found them cheaper at SWANSON's and Vitacost, which is exactly the same stuff:
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/ProductD ... ogId=10051

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-CoQ10-Q-Gel-Mega

Tishcon was established in 1977 by Raj K. Chopra, Vipin Patel, and others. Prior to establishing Tishcon, Raj Chopra was the Technical Director of PFI and taught Industrial Pharmacy at Columbia University (NY). Raj Chopra is a leading authority on health foods and vitamin supplements in the United States. He is acknowledged to be an expert in Chewable Multivitamin formulations, Timed Release formulations and Bioenhanced Supplements.

Tishcon is at http://www.coq10.com.

Raj makes good stuff!

Using the Vitasearch Feature at the Tishcon site netted these results for CHF:
http://search.vitasearch.com/search?q=c ... etfields=*
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”