cholesterol drugs cause statin cardiomyopathy(heart failure)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

cholesterol drugs cause statin cardiomyopathy(heart failure)

Post by Ralph Lotz » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:32 am

Statins and CoQ10 depletion

Dr. Langsjoen says that "All statin drugs (HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors) block the biosynthesis of both cholesterol and CoQ10, which explains their common side effects of fatigue, muscle pain, and a worsening of heart failure" and adds that "the current epidemic of congestive heart failure in the US can be termed statin cardiomyopathy".
The Life Extension Foundation estimates that about 5 million have CHF, about 1 million are hospitalized with CHF annually and that "nearly 53,000 die directly from CHF each year".

Should you supplement with CoQ10?

After 24 years of treating patients with CHF, Dr. Langsjoen thinks that it makes sense for middle aged people to supplement CoQ10 as a preventative measure.

What form and what dose you consider depends on your individual therapeutic requirements. The most common form of supplemental CoQ10 is available in the form called ubiquinone.

Newer formulas use a form of CoQ10 called ubiquinol, a reduced form that may be more easily absorbed in the bloodstream. Lower preventative and therapeutic doses may be required due to increased absorption.

http://www.naturalnews.com/022633.html
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

J.Lilinoe

Re: cholesterol drugs cause statin cardiomyopathy(heart failure)

Post by J.Lilinoe » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:11 pm

Ralph Lotz wrote:Dr. Langsjoen thinks that it makes sense for middle aged people to supplement CoQ10 as a preventative measure.

What form and what dose you consider depends on your individual therapeutic requirements. The most common form of supplemental CoQ10 is available in the form called ubiquinone.

Newer formulas use a form of CoQ10 called ubiquinol, a reduced form that may be more easily absorbed in the bloodstream. Lower preventative and therapeutic doses may be required due to increased absorption.[
/b]

WHOA, what a minute there. Isn't CoQ10 kinda expensive? Which health insurance company is going to foot the bill for CoQ10? Why take the statin at all if its going to cause you to have to supplement with CoQ10??? NO MAKE SENSE!!! [b]

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:59 pm

I agree that it doesn't make sense, but doctors have all sorts of restrictions placed on them. It is almost impossible for a licensed medical doctor to recommend not taking a drug that the entire medical community is prescribing.

That is why I enjoy not being a real M.D.

Now, I don't take any drugs of any kind, but I found that CoQ10 at age 50 was required for me to work out with my son. It would have been almost impossible otherwise.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

J.Lilinoe

Post by J.Lilinoe » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:44 pm

ofonorow wrote:I agree that it doesn't make sense, but doctors have all sorts of restrictions placed on them. It is almost impossible for a licensed medical doctor to recommend not taking a drug that the entire medical community is prescribing.

What? You mean to tell me that the medical profession is trapped into prescribing bad drugs? This is frightening and more reason to see them as a last resort.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Ralph Lotz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:36 am

WHOA, what a minute there. Isn't CoQ10 kinda expensive? Which health insurance company is going to foot the bill for CoQ10? Why take the statin at all if its going to cause you to have to supplement with CoQ10??? NO MAKE SENSE!!!

Buy your own COQ10.
Buy Mega Q-Gel 100.
[b]The best costs < 35 cents a day at swanson's and vitacost.
I used to sell it at vitamincstore.com, but gave up because my cost was 43 cents

The right question to ask is, Why lower cholesterol at all?
People with the highest cholesterol levels live the longest.
http://www.modern-diets-and-nutritional ... terol.html

To anyone dumb enough to buy into the cholesterol con, how about buying my beachside resort in Phoenix?

What? You mean to tell me that the medical profession is trapped into prescribing bad drugs? This is frightening and more reason to see them as a last resort.

ALL DRUGS ARE POISON. They work by deception masquerading as nutrients and enzymes, much in the same way that MD's masquerade as healers.
Patients Fight For Right To Use Ineffective Drugs
http://www.vitamincstore.com/page67.html

Practicing real medicine (ORTHOMOLECULAR MEDICINE) is not allowed in most states in the land of the free(?) and the home of the brave. Practice is determined by local community standards developed by " medical boards."
This system was invented by BigPharma granddaddy John D Rockefeller in 1910.
The Rockefeller Syndicate:
http://vitamincstore.com/page24.html

This cartel led to the development of the un-American Medical Association and the pharmaceutical industry. Pharmacy is from a Greek word translated in the Bible as "sorcery and witchcraft."

Dr. Langsjoen is a member of THINCS and a world authority on COQ10
http://www.thincs.org/public.htm#Peter

Please read the article Alleviating Congestive Heart Failure with Coenzyme Q10
By Peter H. Langsjoen, MD, FACC
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/feb ... Q10_01.htm

This is the first article I have seen that indicates COQH (ubiquinol) outperforms COQ10 (ubiquinone)
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”