C & L-lysine

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

w6nrw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

C & L-lysine

Post Number:#1  Post by w6nrw » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:50 pm

Is it best to take divided doses of lysine along with divided doses of C or can
lysine be taken in larger doses less often?
Curiosity cures boredom, there aint no cure for curiosity . . .

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: C & L-lysine

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:46 am

Great question. We don't know.

I do know from my conversations with Pauling's daughter, Linda Pauling-Kamb, that Pauling's recommendations were not made lightly.

He spent many hours mulling over all the information available about lysine before making his recommendations, including calculations of half-life.

In our experience, both with products that combine the two, or people that have taken both as pills, they have been taken in roughly equal amounts and at the same time - up to 6000 mg of each daily - with unbelievable results.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:51 am

This triggered a memory. Something I may have forgotten to add to the book.

Sherry Lewin was one of the world's great experts on vitamin C and he wrote in VITAMIN C: Its Biology and Medical Potential (1976) that while carbohydrates in the gut tend to break down ascorbate before it reaches the blood, proteins (amino acids) actually chelate and preserve the vitamin and more ascorbate will enter the blood stream intact.

This knowledge was available to Pauling. I think it may explain the great success of taking vitamin C and lysine (which is an amino acid) together, and I would recommend taking at least some lysine with your vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Ralph Lotz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:52 am

There is no consensus of what optimal lysine requirements are.
lysine requirements for humans:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ly ... gle+Search

I would argue in favor of a minimum of 50 mg/kg, or 3,500 mg for a 70 kg human.
Is it a coincidence that this mirrors some experts minimum requirements for ascorbate?
Lysine is reported by Dr. Rath to be safe up to 14 grams daily.

Lysine is the limiting essential amino acid in many enzyme systems.
Lysine is destroyed by overcooking of food.
Most important. Lysine is required for collagen synthesis.

Without sufficient lysine, the body simply FALLS APART
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

chimp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by chimp » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/publ ... salud3.htm

So, we can add that in the group of essential amino acids, lysine occupies a fundamental place, similar to that of Vitamin C in the group of Vitamins. And just like Vitamin C, the daily requirement of lysine is higher than that of the other amino acids. Think that approximately 25% of collagen – the structural base for bones, skin, blood vessel walls and other organs – is basically made up of two amino acids: lysine and proline. So that as well as being important in cancer treatment it also plays an essential role in developing the locomotive system .

[...]

Add to that the fact that the organism can store a high quantity of this amino acid and it shows just how important it is for our health. The body of a person weighing 70 kg stores around 500 grams of lysine at all times. So, taking an overdose of lysine, according to Dr.Rath, is as impossible as overdosing on Vitamin C. Our metabolism is accustomed to dealing with large quantities of both substances and can get rid of any excess whenever it wants and without any difficulty. Actually the opposite is more frequent: it has been proved that nowadays almost everyone suffers from chronic lysine deficiency.

:o :o :o

“I'm convinced”, states Dr. Matthias Rath, “that the pharmaceutical companies have known for decades that an optimal vitamin supplement would bring the multi-million prescription drug market crashing down.”

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:52 am

And God said, Let there be light
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”