Is it to early to see results?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Is it to early to see results?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:09 am

jknosplr wrote:Been on 10-15gr/day VC, 200mg COQ10 , 2gr/day L-Lysine and 2gr/day Omega-3 for six weeks. Cholesterol from 185 down to 172. HDL 25 no significant change?. Triglycerides from 58 up to 130, and LDL 148 down to 120. Why the spike up in Triglycerides? Why no movement in the HDL. Still maintain a low fat diet with intake of only mono saturated fats (olive oil). Sampling blood every two weeks. Do I need more time to establish a viable trend? I like to be proactive but perhaps I'm expecting to much in to little time.

Sounds good to me. But Cholesterol at 185 mg/dl was near optimum.

Are you taking any drugs or do you have a problem? Why worry or be concered with HDL????

Do you know your Lp(a)?

Re triglyc. levels

Well, if you are eating low-fat, and staying within the safe range for protein, you much be eating carbs. Triglycerides (according to the late cardiologist Robert Atkins of the Atkins Diet) are a function of the carbs you eat, not fats.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#2  Post by Dolev » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:35 am

When you say 2 gram omega-3, are you referring to the total omega-3 content listed (which includes linolenic acid) or is that 2 grams of EPA and DHA added together? If you want to lower triglycerides you should take at least 2 grams of total EPA+DHA , and preferably 3 grams for a couple of months.
Dolev

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:56 am

jknosplr wrote:Received new test numbers from lab last set was from “CardioCheck”
Total : 200
HDL : 48
LDL :137
TRI : 73
LP(A) : 9

Do you see any problems with total at or about 200, and LDL at 137? Doctors are always yaking about TOT ,HDL and LDL, your right in one of your other posts. They go to school for eons and its hard to throw what they say out the window. You say watch the LP(A) so I got the LPA done this time, do not know the LP(A) prior to starting your program (Feb 28 2008) no doctors recorded it. I’m a two stent non-medicated victim on your protocol. Is the 200 erroneously high due to the plaques and cholesterol being removed from the artery walls, or is that just wish full thinking?. I’m on low fat diet keeping on or about 215lbs. Feeling better with out the Statins! Thanks

I am happy you are feeling better off the statins. And to my mind, your numbers are close to perfect.

Under any units/measuring scheme that I am aware of, Lp(a) at 9 is below normal. (I assume that is mg/dl).

Rather than repeat what is in the Cholesterol (chapter 11) of my new book :P (which should be publicly available today or tomorrow http://www.lulu.com/paulingtherapy ), I'll just make the claim that higher cholesterol is better for you, in general and within reason, than low cholesterol.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”