Is L-lysine and L-lysineHCL same?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

neo.divekar

Is L-lysine and L-lysineHCL same?

Post by neo.divekar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:27 pm

Hello all,

I have a query. Is L-lysine which used in Linus Pauling protocol and L-lysineHCL are the same or different from each other? L-lysineHCL is a poultry feed. Can human beings consume it?

Seymore Spectacles

Re: Is L-lysine and L-lysineHCL same?

Post by Seymore Spectacles » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:44 pm

I couldn't find any information about one form (of lysine) being better than another. Personally, I take the lysine-HCL form in a capsule form (the NOW Foods brand). My reasoning for doing so is that I figure a little extra HCL may be a good thing (digestion-wise). I may be incorrect in my reasoning however.

nickG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nickG » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi,
The "HCl" denotes that the lysine is present as the hydrochloride salt. Making salts changes the properties of the lysine (or whatever else) - e.g., making it more soluble. Once dissolved in your stomach you will have free lysine and also HCl. So there is no difference than in taking lysine or lysine HCl. Lysine HCl is manufactured for human use, maybe all of it - I don't know. They may just not put HCl on the label.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:57 am

I think NickG is right. Good post. The Lysine in the products I have been associated with for the past 12 years, according to the spec sheets, is Lysine HCL. That may be the only form commercially available for humans.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

neo.divekar

Post by neo.divekar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:54 am

First of all thanks you all for the response. Now my question is as hcl is a salt, can a person suffering high blood pressure consume l-lysineHCL? as salts can increase blood pressure.

nickG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nickG » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:05 pm

There will not be a problem wil lysine HCl for blood pressure. It's the sodium in common table salt (sodium chloride) which can increase blood pressure.

neo.divekar

Post by neo.divekar » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:05 am

:) Thanks Nick! You are a Great help.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”