Is L-lysine safe for person with Hypertention?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

neo.divekar

Is L-lysine safe for person with Hypertention?

Post by neo.divekar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:09 pm

Hello all,

Is L-lysineHCL safe for person having hypertension. From my last post I understood that
L-lysine is L-lysineHCL. HCL is a salt and I afraid it will increase the blood pressure. Am I right?
or only sodium salts increase blood pressure?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Is L-lysine safe for person with Hypertention?

Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:24 am

neo.divekar wrote:Hello all,

Is L-lysineHCL safe for person having hypertension. From my last post I understood that
L-lysine is L-lysineHCL. HCL is a salt and I afraid it will increase the blood pressure. Am I right?
or only sodium salts increase blood pressure?

Good question.

Succinctly, lysine is not only safe, but in combination with vitamin C, large amounts reliably will lower blood pressure.

Less succinctly, you must unlearn what you have learned.

a) high blood pressure is normal, it fuels the "fight or flight" response. I imagine that only sustained high blood pressure (when away from the stress causing the arteries to contract) is something to worry about,

b) not only is it doubtful sodium causes high blood pressure, the body actually becomes more susceptible to heart attack (400% greater probablity) when those with high blood pressure avoid sodium in their diet, (See posts about David Bronstein, MD, on unrefined salts,etc. He found that unrefined salts, such as Celtic Sea Salt, unlike the poisonous refined salts we normally eat (table salt), are more like health foods) and

c) doctors measure blood pressure because it is a fairly good, noninvasive means for measuring the diameter of arteries. Doctors are taught that a small narrowing exponentially increases blood pressure. This is probably why lysine/vitamin C will invariably lower blood pressure over time as the narrowed arteries become more resilient and less narrow.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

neo.divekar

Re: Is L-lysine safe for person with Hypertention?

Post by neo.divekar » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:13 am

Hi ofonorow,

Thanks for the reply.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”