Sardi on LPa

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Bobber
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sardi on LPa

Post Number:#1  Post by Bobber » Tue May 06, 2008 6:16 am

Bill Sardi's latest blog entry has much discussion about LPa and vitamin C with regards to heart disease. I know he has plugged the foundation's latest book but this article again seems to indicate that the Pauling therapy is not significant. Am I mis-reading it?
Bobber

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Sardi on LPa

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 06, 2008 6:38 am

I think this is a very good, in depth article that shows that Bill has become interested in the Lp(a) research! (Good luck Bill, as there are now more than 13,000 articles listed in medline, and the best ones aren't in medline).

Bill's article is in no way negative, and it may not have been obvious that some of comments that you may take as negative were meant to be sarcastic. He pointed out that "authorities" don't consider Lp(a) a risk factor, but he then goes on to debunk those authorities and demolish their arguments by saying that when something in higher blood levels increases the risk, it is usually considered a risk factor, etc.

But I also sense that Bill's research focus is on the connection between his theory of calcium, vitamin C and Lp(a). There isn't a great deal of data in this regard w/r vitamin C. And we haven't noticed that plaque reversals in humans to be easy after the plaque has had time to calcify, and neither did Willis back in the 1950s when he was studying the effect of vitamin C in guinea pigs, and neither has Dr. Bush using Cardioretinometry. (Note: In the case of calcified plaques, I always recommend the addition of vitamin K to the protocol.)

Excellent article!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”