heart value replacement advised - cured with C/Vit. K

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ships04
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

heart value replacement advised - cured with C/Vit. K

Post Number:#1  Post by ships04 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:01 pm

Owen,any ideas with reguard to the following,three years ago i had two hearts attacks in two weeks and was advised CABG was essential .Right cor.artery completly blocked .LAD 95% ,LEFT MAIN 30% ,CIRCUMFLEX 70%,I walked away from the CABG and with a few life changes and 15grams.vit c daily have finally got off all medication and have to push it to get any angina.After a echo gram they tell me me i must now have a aerotic valve replacement,Im using plenty of magnessium but still get bad breathlessness,any ideas would be really appreciated ,i hope its not anything to do with the Vit c Kind reguards Reg

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: heart

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:15 am

Well to summarize, you had a bypass, but you were able to wean yourself off all drugs using vitamin C? Now they tell you that a heart valve is malfunctioning? Is that about right? You say 3 years since CABG, but how long have you been off the drugs?

First, are you following the entire Pauling protocol, especially CoQ10 as I outlined here
http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutali ... /protocol/ ?

Depending on the reason the valve may be malfunctioning, (perhaps your blood thinner use when you were on prescription drugs caused it to become calcified?) , I would recommend trying a good vitamin K - milligrams of K1 or better, micrograms of a good K2. One of the functions of vitamin K is to regulate calcium from soft tissues into the bones, and vitamin K is a recognized treatment for osteoporosis in Japan (according to LEF.ORG). There is anecdotal evidence that vitamin K may be able to normalize the valve (if calcium is the problem, and this is likely, because vitamin C/lysine aren't known for directly resolving problems of calcification.)

I know that Dr. Levy was trying to run an experiment with his patients to see whether such a vitamin K regimen would avoid the need for heart valve surgery, but apparently his patients had trouble taking the vitamin K as required. They'd forget.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ships04
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by ships04 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:17 am

Owen thanks for the reply ,sorry about the rushed note,no I did not have a bypass I walked away ,and had seventy chelation treatments,with about twenty suplements[usual E ,small amounts vit c about 2 grms,selenium ,zinc etc]slowly cutting back on medication ,exercise ,careful about diet ,after two years not to much difference,but slight improvement ,five months ago I started on your protocol 12 to 18 grams of c split four times a day ,Co-Q10, 100 mg twice a day plus my normal supplements,somethings happened ,no medication for over a month ,and very rare angina. Getting back to my MVP,Dr Carolyn Dean in her book Magnesium Miracle says 85% of MVP patients have very low levels of magnesium and suggests Magnesium Taurate 125 mg four times a day ,plus q10, vit e400iu twice a day ,off we go again ,tho she does say action in five weeks ,your comments would be appreciated
Very Best Reg

ships04
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by ships04 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:30 am

Owen ,yes I follow the Pauling protocol from practicing medicine without etc. Lysine/Proline for the last five months and have been getting results.Will try your suggestion re Vit k ,any suggestions with reguard to dosage for my MVP
thanks again Reg

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:51 am

somethings happened ,no medication for over a month ,and very rare angina.

What happened? I guess I did get it all wrong. So you have adopted Pauling's recommendations now for 5 months, and you indicated a response, but I take it you are still declining?

You might consider 2 daily servings of Tower's ASCORSINE-9 formula for awhile, the taurine and Chrondroitin Sulphate would be beneficial.

Standard questions, any dental work, esp. root canals? Diabetes or high blood sugar? Diet? What drugs were you taking? There are posts by Ralph Lotz that describe the best form of vitamin K2 and the dosage, along with links to more information. However, starting on some form of vitamin K is probably more important that getting the best product. (By the way, what is your history of antibiotics? Normally, intestinal flora produces the vitamin K we require, so in a roundabout way, taking antibiotics can lead to calcified soft tissues.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ships04
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by ships04 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:01 am

Owen,no decline at all,exacatly the opp.since starting on the pauling proticol I have come off all medication ,On leaving hospital I was on the foll. meds-Simvastatin 40mg
Nicorandil 20mg
Bisoprlol 2.5mg
Isosobide 60mg
Asperin 75mg
Candesartan 8mg
Clopidogrel 75mg
All on twice aday except aspirin,dental, no root canals, and all metal amalgam removed in first year,no diabetes or high blood sugar .As you suggested have started on
Vit k 2 45Ug [as menaquinone-7
Vitk 100ug [Phytonadione] Twice a day .I am taking Taurine,but will foll. you advice re. Chrondroitin Sulphate,and Ascorsine-9 and posts by Ralph Lotz .No antibiotics for about twenty years i think
PS a letter from my Cardiologist says after looking at my angiogram {4 years old ]he needs to revascularise the LAD at the same time do a Corevalve specific angiogram ,am i missing something with re guard to a four years old angiogram ,wich said it was to dangerous to do a angioplasty must have CABG at the time [I ONLY CHECKED IN TO GET A CAT SCAN TO CHECK IMPROVEMENT ON MY ARTERIES]
Owen ,many ,many thanks for your advice Reg

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Sounds very encouraging, so what is your question? And I am confused. Your cardiologist is recommending treatment on the basis of a 4 year old test (angiogram)?!?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ships04
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by ships04 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:11 am

Yes , surely there must have been some change over four years,will put off the ops.and see how I go for a another couple of months,pressing on with your advice
Many thanks again ,probably my age of 81 Very best Reg

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by DanSco » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:00 am

I'm not surprised by the cardiologist's reasoning. He most likely has no clue that there is anything like the treatments that you are taking. If all of his patients have always gotten progressively worse with time, then in his mind, your condition must be slightly worse or much worse than what the 4 year old angiogram shows. He was ready to do surgery 4 years ago and he is ready now. He most likely believes that getting an angiogram or cat scan without signing up for surgery to be a waste of time.
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

ships04
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by ships04 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Thanks for the input DanSco ,appreciated ,your dead right ,when I asked for the scan,the comments were, your'er not taking Statins so its not changed at all,when i mentioned Chelation,"whats that "thanks again Reg

ships04
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by ships04 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:50 am

Disapointment , frustration ,back on meds again though only small amounts,
Bisoprolol 1.25 mg half a tab
Isosrbide 25 mg one a day
Raise the Vit C amount a bit I suppose ,whats the option ?hope springs eternally in the human breast ,give it another month before angio.
Off the subject ,does Vit C have any effect on Alzheimers ,my wife has been in the grip for th elast five years ,have been using quite heavy Vit B 12 ,6.3,and the usual E and four grams per day of vit C . Four years ago the meds gave her a year ,but still around ,maybe I'm biased but there really does seem an improvement .Any ideas about moving up to around 10 grams.
Many thanks sorry about jumping off the subject Reg

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:22 am

Disapointment , frustration ,back on meds again though only small amounts,

Why? Did you feel worse or fail some test?

As far as your wife, vitamin C may help w/r to mercury (amalgams). Dr. Ely once told me that mercury accounts for more than 70% of Alzheimers. (C can help chelate the mercury). As far as undoing the damage, I read in one of the ZONE books by Barry Sears that high dose fish oil can bring people out of dementia. Sears has several case reports of multiple grams of "pharmaceutical" grade Omega/3 fish oil (from memory 12 to 14 grams daily) that pulled patients out of dementia at a nursing home.

I also once invested myself in a drug company (horrors) after a neighbor of my mother who was in a stupor, apparent dementia, wouldn't get out of bed, didn't know anyone, former Air Force general, starting taking the drug wellbutrin. He became normal just from taking Wellbutrin (and as far as I know, remains normal). At that time, I believe American Family Products marketed the drug. Quite some time ago, but maybe you can talk your doctor into an experiment.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#13  Post by DanSco » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:36 am

ofonorow wrote: ...As far as your wife, vitamin C may help w/r to mercury (amalgams). Dr. Ely once told me that mercury accounts for more than 70% of Alzheimers. (C can help chelate the mercury). ...

Also, don't forget what we have learned from the Dr. Brownstein videos on this site. Iodine chelates mercury too.
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by Ralph Lotz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:25 am

The Agatston Score indicates the level of arterial calcification, and is the most reliable predictor of an impending heart attack. I don't know if this test also indicates valve calcification.
Another important factor in calcification is Vitamin D.
http://vitamindcouncil.org/researchHeartDisease.shtml

You can also purchase a home blood test for a nominal price here:
http://www.zrtlab.com/Page.aspx?nid=12& ... %20Council

See these articles by Bill Sardi:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi85.html
http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi82.html
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

ships04
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#15  Post by ships04 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:56 am

Many thanks for the input all, a great help.We did go for all amalgam removals viz. Dr H Huggins book ,Its all in your head .About thirty EDTA chelations ,diet ,exercise and supplements.We do take fish oils Omega 3 6 &9 but only about two table spoonfulls aday.Thanks for the info on Barry Spears very interesting will get cracking on larger amounts now .Will have a chat with my GP about Wellbutrin [I'm waisting my time]I think its Bupropion antidepressant ,initially she was on the Prozac regime, asleep all day untill i wandered over to the toilet and flushed the lot down the pan ,all five varieties, only on Arizept now.Will also try Dansco's Iodine input .
Back to my arterial probs ,I normally try to walk about two to six miles a day ,but suddenly stalled about a hundred yards so went back to my meds ,and upped my C to 35 grams ,amazing diff ,dropped the Bisoprolol and no probs all day ,a heavy one two ,will give the Isosobide another day and drop my C to 25 grms. Still struggling with K7 & IF6 no one seems to be able to put a handle to it .Thanks again

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”