Why Do You Give Matthias Rath So Little Credit?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Why Do You Give Matthias Rath So Little Credit?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:53 am

Owen,

I have just found significant evidence that major aspects of the cardio therapy attributed to Pauling were actually developed or hypothesized by Rath previous to his association with Pauling, including the identification of lipoprotein(a) as the primary risk factor in cardiovascular disease and especially the addition of lysine to chelate lipoprotein(a) from the artery wall (he used lysine to isolate lipoprotein(a) chemically while still in Germany). Rath did most of the actual research while they were working together. I think it would be gracious of you to acknowledge Rath's contribution on your website as a primary driver of this discovery. I don't know what implications this has for your book. I have not read it yet, and hope that you have some of Rath's chronology in it.

http://www.drrathresearch.org/research/ ... icine.html

Regards
Jonathan

Yes, there is much truth to what you say, however, I have a copy of a letter between Pauling and lead researcher Biesegal, regarding Rath's claims (this letter was given to me by Pauling's daughter Linda Kamb) which provides a good record that Rath himself made claims of discoveries he had very little to do with as a medical student and minor member of Biesegal's team.

No doubt Rath brought this to Pauling's attention, but Rath was trying to use Pauling's name (for the same reason we use it) to give the discovery credibility. He wound up getting into a legal fight with the Paulings, and I can tell you that when Rath came out with his product line, it had VERY small amounts of lysine and proline (and even vitamin C). When the now founder of Tower Labs called Rath's company, they said these amounts were " the maximum doctors would tolerate." In other words, Rath's company formulated their products based on marketing reasons, and not on what they felt or knew would be most efficacious.

That is why I came up with the term "Pauling therapy" to stand for the HIGH DOSE of vitamin C and lysine that Pauling recommended. So no, I do not give Rath as much credit - because it was Pauling who realized and emphasized the high dosages - the Pauling therapy. (If Rath did have this recognition, why did his product line not adopt it? If he had, there would be no Tower Laboratories. This answer as to why the dosages were so meager is the reason Tower decided to form, to provide high-potency products.)

So, it is the Pauling/Rath unified theory, and we do not hide that, but the key to miraculous results are dosage. Dosage. Dosage. To my mind, that was Pauling's important contribution.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Dolev
quack
quack

Re: Why Do You Give Matthias Rath So Little Credit?

Post Number:#2  Post by Dolev » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:10 pm

With all due respect, Rath himself seems to have a major personality problem. I've read a lot of his work, and he never seems to give anyone else credit for anything. He is like the savior of the sick, and doesn't even use the word orthomolecular to describe his work. It's too bad, but I think his bloated self-importance is the reason he stands alone. He sets himself apart.
Dolev

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Why Do You Give Matthias Rath So Little Credit?

Post Number:#3  Post by Ralph Lotz » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:59 pm

I worked for Dr. Rath for a couple of years. We first met around 1993-94, about seven years after I met Linus Pauling at his NOHA honorarium in Chicago. Dr.Rath is his own worst enemy, especially with marketing and P/R.

Dr. Rath appears to be among the first to publish the use of L-Proline and L-Hydroxyproline for their anti Lp(a) properties:
Reducing the Risk for Cardiovascular Disease with Nutritional Supplements
Matthias Rath, M.D.
http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1 ... 3-p153.pdf

Instead of orthomolecular, Rath's terms are cellular medicine and nutrient synergy, which "identifies the optimum daily intake levels of essential nutrients for disease prevention and treatment." The Dr. Rath Research Institute is located in Santa Clara, CA.
http://www.drrathresearch.org/

He and his research staff headed by Dr. Niedzwiecki have over 100 published studies with original research. A PubMed search for Niedzwiecki A, Rath M. yields 57 results, 5 in 2010:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Niedzwiecki%20A[Author]%20AND%20Rath%20M[Author]%20AND%202010[Publication%20Date]
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”