Mother Blocked Valves, Ejection Fraction 27%

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Mother Blocked Valves, Ejection Fraction 27%

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Please let us know who else we can work with who practices the Pauling Therapy in the Chicago area.

My Mom is in need of URGENT care.

She has blocked Aortic and Mitral Valves.

Her ejection fraction is 27%.

Her doctor wants to do open Heart surgery to replace both valves (and probably do a coronary artery bypass)

Her main symptom is breathlessness, otherwise she's in very good shape for an 86 year old.

Lately her energy has dropped a bit...

She just began the Cardio-C

Thanks,

Paul

I am not sure I understand a "blocked valve". Johnwen?

She must be in good shape at 86 years old if they are considering surgery. Hmmm

Good start with cardio-C - should be at least double dosage and as much vitamin C as you can get her to take. Also, CoQ10 for the low ejection fraction.

I know people who are going for stem cell therapy to increase ejection fraction, but if valve really is issue, might have to undergo surgery.

I would try vitamin K - if calcium is the problem, vitamin K acts as hormone that can move
calcium from soft tissues to bones. See LEF.ORG Super-K product. I'd try to get her on vitamin K.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Mother Blocked Valves, Ejection Fraction 27%

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi Owen,

> Good start with cardio-C - should be at least double dosage and
> as much vitamin C as you can get her to take. Also, CoQ10 for
> the low ejection fraction.

Ok - how much cardio-C would you recommend?

Just talked to her last nite about CoQ10. Recommended dosage??

> I know people who are going for stem cell therapy to incrase ejection
> fraction, but if valve really is issue, might have to undergo
> surgery.

How would we find out more about stem cell therapy?

> Also vitamin K - if calcium i problem, vitamin K acts as hormone
> to move calcium from soft tissues to bones. See LEF.ORG Super-K
> I'd try to get her on vitamin K.

She's on coumadin - can she do Vit K with it?

Thanks,

In my humble opinion, the rat poison-style vitamin K-blocking coumadin (which is a common drug) is the reason for calcium buildup and may be the root cause of her valve problem. But it is difficult to get off coumadin. If you think it might help, I can provide links to hundreds of studies that show vitamin K blocking drugs cause rapid calcification of soft tissues. See: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9743228?dopt=Abstract

Medline List has dropped to 152 ?? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&cmd=Link&LinkName=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=9743228

My brother takes vitamin K even though he is on coumadin and was told to avoid veggies (big sigh) (recent information posted at this forum, if true, indicates that vitamin K2 is not involved with the coagulation function, and thus would not even in theory interfere with these "rat poison" drugs.)

Minimum 2 servings per day of Cardio-C (5000 mg vitamin C/5000 mg lysine)

You will have to google for the stem cell therapy. Most clinics are nowoutside of USA. The one that we think works best could be as much as $80,000.

CoQ10 minimum 200 mg to counteract most drugs, but I would recommend 300 to 600 mg daily. Take when eating fats (there must be bile present for CoQ10 to be absorbed.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Blocked Valves= Aortic Stenosis and probably Mitral Prolapse.

1St problem 86 Years Old with a EF less then 35. Not a good candidate for open heart.

Next her EF is probably low because the aortic valve has been reduced in it's opening so much the heart has work twice as hard to get the blood out. These cause's the muscle to enlarge, Which would be like lifting weights 24/7 eventually the muscle's just give out.
The mitral valve is the intake to the left ventricule when the exhaust valve (Aortic valve) is clogged and the LV try's to push the blood out it put's a back pressure against the Mitral which eventually causes it to fail also. The mitral V has cords attached to it and usually these start to rip and fail which renders the valve to leaks and tears.
Would like to know her AVA (Aortic valve area) which is given in CM(Sqaure)CM2. If it's below .7 she's going to have to act soon.

If it was just the aortic valve there are Minumum invasive procedures which could be used but with the Mitral problem that presents a different picture.

Like Owen said CQ10,VC,L-Lysine will help keep the muscle fed and the arteries clear but isn't going to do to much for the calcifacation of the valves.

If your on pretty good grounds with her Doc you can discuss the use of a IV drug called Foscarnet which is a Anti-Viral drug but has shown a lot of promise in calcium removal. Unfortunatly it has quite a few side effects but has been shown to get the job done.
Hope this helps and wish her my best .
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:58 am

Hi Owen,

We need to order another Cardio C for my Mom.

(she's already getting better)

Peace,

Paul
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”