The Hitch Hikers guide to Heart Disease

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

freeform

The Hitch Hikers guide to Heart Disease

Post Number:#1  Post by freeform » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:13 am

There is so much good information on this forum and I can not find an area where it has been collated as a "crib sheet", just something that has bullet points that can be used as a quick reference / memory jogger. If there is a thread with this information please accept my apologies and can you point me in the right direction. If not, I thought some may like to add to my crude list or correct it. I haven't included dosages that I've read about as everyone is different, an idea of what covers what may be of help? well it would to me anyway :wink:

HEART DISEASE

RISK FACTORS AND SUPPLEMENTS

ARTERY SCURVY: Pauling therapy

BLOOD PRESSURE: Vitamin C, COQ10, Magnesium, Hawthorn, fish oil, Folic Acid.

ORAL
Gum Disease: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, COQ10. Strict oral hygiene, probiotics water pik with hydrogen peroxide (3% food grade) and
see a dentist regularly.
Amalgams: Remove them and have composite fillings
Root Filling: There is a risk of infection, extraction or ensure you have a good dentist!!

INFLAMMATION CRP: Vitamin C, COQ10, Omega 3, Flavanoids, Phytosterols, Magnesium.

HOMOCYSTEINE: B Vitamins. Folic Acid B6, B12

CALCIUM: Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium, IP6, Vitamin K
(dumped in arteries, imbalance)

FERRITIN:
Excess: IP6, donate blood
Deficient: Iron, copper, Vitamin C

FIBRINOGEN: Fish oil, Garlic, Ginko, Vitamin E, Nattokinase, Bromelain, Ginger, Pycnogenol.

METABOLIC SYNDROME:
Insulin resistance : Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Potassium, Chromium, ALA, Selenium, cinnamon.

STRESS: Is your partner trying to kill you? or your boss on your case too much?
Stay well, do something about it. + Magnesium

GENETICS: I’m not buying into this. Grandma and Grandpa didn’t die of it!

EXERCISE: Do I have to? Yeah, keep the glucose levels down giving everything a good shake and stir the heart is a muscle and it needs
exercising

GUT FLORA: The next line of defense after the mouth. Probiotics

TOXINS:
Mercury / lead etc: Vitamin C, ALA, NAC

DIET: We’ve all got our favorites, mine is no processed foods incl buscuits, crisps, pastries, No trans fat, No sugar, organic as possible
Eggs, meat red and white and use the glychemic index to balance carb intake. Lots of filtered Water.

CHOLESTEROL: I’ve personally come to the conclusion that this is a load of codswallop, whatever this word stands for it will live happily ever
after if the above is addressed? Otherwise Niacin

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: The Hitch Hikers guide to Heart Disease

Post Number:#2  Post by majkinetor » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:29 am

Some additions:

STRESS: Vitamin C
Blood pressure: Vitamin D
Gum Disease: Fish oil
Calcium: Vitamin K2 (MQ4 or MQ7), not Vitamin K1
Excess iron: no vitamin C after meal, coffee after meal
Gutflora: Prebiotics
DIET: No PUFAs except w-3.
Metabolic syndrome: Choline (lechitin), Exercise
TESTS: You need to measure.
Exercise: Fast walk 0.5-1h per day, don't use elevators

The info is OK, but without the dose, its meaningless.

freeform

Post Number:#3  Post by freeform » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:02 am

majkinetor wrote:Some additions:

The info is OK, but without the dose, its meaningless.

Thanks Majkinetor

There is method in my madness, honest! I thought I would leave the dose part till last - as there may be conflict on doses and timing, ALA springs to mind :mrgreen:
Collate it all at the end.

After reading the thread where everyone was trying to help JK offering advice and trying to identify what might have gone wrong, possibly worried about their own future when you hear bad news too. I think Pauling's therapy is a formula to prolong ones life, but it can't plug all the holes in the bucket. Other vitamins / supplements are recommended here on a regular basis. How I thought this crib sheet may be useful is if all the identified risk factors were listed along with the supplements, a person that has heart disease could look at the crib sheet see where there is a possible leak and bung up the hole?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:40 am

I note that vitamin C is in almost every category (as it should be!). If there is a category without vitamin C, then perhaps that category needs to be reexamined!

By the way, not to abuse your crib topic, but this is really what we are saying. And what Dr. Levy has deduced, along with Pauling/Rath. That little old vitamin C is at the bottom of America's number one killer. (And that medicine recommends way too little (60 to 90 mg) for most people.)

Once people learn how to take their optimal amount of vitamin C, any remaining nutritional issues are easier to identify and thus address.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

freeform

Post Number:#5  Post by freeform » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:35 am

ofonorow wrote:I note that vitamin C is in almost every category (as it should be!). If there is a category without vitamin C, then perhaps that category needs to be reexamined!

By the way, not to abuse your crib topic, but this is really what we are saying. And what Dr. Levy has deduced, along with Pauling/Rath.

Oh you won't abuse it, it's all your information condensed. Perhaps I should have aske for permission first, sorry. There is so much information spread out all over the place, new information coming in, trials on vitamins since the Willis, Shute, Pauling pioneering days that can benefit heart patients.

I agree with you about correct Vitamin C dosage, when people are having heart attacks after getting the correct dosage and asking what went wrong? couldn't it be easy to overlook an ingredient that may possibly make the difference in staving off another MI? Enhancements in the protocol evolve surely?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:37 am

I agree with you about correct Vitamin C dosage, when people are having heart attacks after getting the correct dosage and asking what went wrong? couldn't it be easy to overlook an ingredient that may possibly make the difference in staving off another MI? Enhancements in the protocol evolve surely?

Well, since you asked. There is actually just such an ingredient. Magnesium. This from Brian Liebovits journal of optimal nutrition:
Magnesium
Magnesium is now recognized as a first-line medicine for the treatment of heart attacks. , A study published in The Lancet, for example, reported the effects of a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study in 2,316 patients with suspected myocardial infarction. The dose of magnesium was high (about 8.7 grams given intravenously over a 24 hour period), but the results were remarkable: magnesium reduced cardiovascular mortality by 25 percent. The author/s conclusion:

"Intravenous magnesium sulfate is a simple, safe, and widely applicable treatment. Its efficacy in reducing early mortality of myocardial infarction is comparable to, but independent of, that of thrombolytic or antiplatelet therapy."

These findings have been confirmed and reconfirmed in many clinics and laboratories. Teo and colleagues, for example, in an analysis of seven clinical studies, concluded that magnesium (in doses of 5-10 grams by intravenous injection) reduced the odds of death by an astounding 55%.

(Too bad these papers/abstracts are hard to find using PUBMED.GOV - e.g. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8504519 )

Studies of magnesium have revealed it to be Nature's "calcium-channel blocker" ; unlike its drug counterparts, however, magnesium has no toxic side-effects. Another important effect of supplemental magnesium is its ability to mitigate the cardiotoxic effects of catecholamines. Prielipp and associates, for example, published results of a clinical trial in which magnesium (10 mg per kg body weight per hour, or approximately 700 mg per hour for an average adult) attenuated the cardiotoxic effects of epinephrine in 17 bypass patients. Interestingly, the drug captopril - an angiotensin- converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor - has been demonstrated to work by raising intracellular magnesium.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

glacier920

Post Number:#7  Post by glacier920 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:33 pm

You guys mentioned fish oil for gum disease. Any particular kind?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”