Can I take this multi while on PT?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Can I take this multi while on PT?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:49 am

Hi
Just discovered the Linus Pauling study and purchased the product. I recently was diagnosed with a significant left coronary obstruction,though I had no symptoms. I am taking a product I found http://www.goodhealthsupplements.net/gh ... dients.htm. Should I discontinue while taking the original Pauling formula?

That product looks okay - and other than the Manganese (normally you would get enough in food and MN causes heart beat problems when overdosed) I don't see a problem taking that Multi with the Pauling Therapy.

Rethinking - the dosages are per pill, and 10 pills are recommended, The vitamin D(3) is low, vitamin K is missing, and there is the concern about 8 mg of manganese at 10 pills (You would be wise not to exceed 2 mg manganese per day).

So that means not taking more than 2 or 3 pills per day, so you might look for a substitute. Life Extension Mix is good and Source Naturals Life Force is a good multi.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Can I take this multi while on PT?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:06 am

Thanks,I've been fat free for 6 weeks,dropped 12 pounds and hoping the Pauling supplement can help me prevent stent or worse. Merry Christmas!

Fat free? Hmmm. Weight loss good. Such a diet may have benefits if you avoid processed foods with trans fats, however, unlike carbs - you cannot live without some fats. All cells need lipids to maintain their structure, etc.

Legit arguments about best diets, and metabolic theory would say some of us should have animal fats and some should have vegetable fats. But we all need fats of one kind or another.

On Pauling therapy, best to avoid SIMPLE carbs that break down rapidly into sugars.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”