LP Protocol with Honey

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

sps2010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

LP Protocol with Honey

Post Number:#1  Post by sps2010 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Hello,

I have been on LP protocol for about 2 years with excellent results in Lipid profile (200 total; 53 trig ; 87 HDL ; 100 LDL) and BP ( ~ 110/65). My protocol is 10 g Vit C + 5.5 g Lysine + 1 g Proline, divided in 3 doses per day. I do take various other vitamins including a liquid gel (NOW adam) multi.

question 1: I have been taking a tea spoon of honey in the morning and evening along with power ascorbic acid + Lysine powder. Is honey (being primarily sugar) not advisable ?

question 2: I want to start adding 2 g /day of Arginine to this regime. Is that OK ?

I am 69 years old.

Surendra

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: LP Protocol with Honey

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:40 am

Because of the possibility of glucose competition with vitamin C, why not take the honey and hour or two away from your vitamin C intake?

I see no problem with the arginine - still trying to understand the "antagonism" issue w/r to lysine. These amino acids are bound to appear in food together, etc. But again, why not take the arginine with your honey?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Saw » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:06 am

I see no problem with the arginine - still trying to understand the "antagonism" issue w/r to lysine.

Same as glucose competition with vitamin C.

Because the amino acid lysine uses the same transport system as arginine for intracellular transport, intracellular arginine availability can potentially be affected by lysine.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/137/6/1662S.full
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

sps2010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by sps2010 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks for your reply. I was using honey to make the ascorbic acid a bit tasty. I will drop it from my doses. Before I stating on LP protocol, I was using Niacin (2g/day) for Cholesterol which I am trying to drop it to 1g/day. I take Niacin also with ascorbic acid powder solution ( + Lysine powder + Proline cap) and then an hour after take my multi vitamin (and other supplements) with breakfast.

From now on I will take my Niacin also with food and take Vit C + Lysine + Proline an hour before. The afternoon and evening protocols are easier to manage.

Here is what I take:

Ascorbic Acid powder (3.5 g) + Lysine powder (1.75 g) + Proline cap (500mg) : 3 times a day in 2-cups of water;
Niacin 1g/ day;
Now Foods Adam Soft-gel Multi-vit 2 caps/day; E-400 ;
Mag Glycinate 400X2 mg; B-100 1 cap; B-6 100mg; TMG 1X2 g; MSM 1g; CoQ10 100mg; SuperK (MK7-100mcg;MK41000mcg); Folic acid 1600 mg; Omega 3 comp. 340 mg
Grapeseed Extract 100 mg; Bio Sil (silcon 5mg);

Surendra

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”