Is Lysine always necessary?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is Lysine always necessary?

Post by Lone Dog » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:49 am

If one has a low level of lp(a), is it still necessary to take lysine? This is just a theoretical question, I'm not referring to my own level.

(I believe a certain amount is essential, but I meant in terms of the PT, would there still be any benefit in taking therapeutic amounts?)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Is Lysine always necessary?

Post by ofonorow » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:31 am

Like you say, 1 g of lysine essential. Pauling recommended 2-3 grams as preventive.

If Lp(a) low (and accurately determined - measured) I would think that as long as you are replacing vitamin C (supplementing to close to bowel tolerance) then extra lysine is probably not necessary. (One should consider Bush retinal Cardioretinometry to make sure that the arteries are indeed "healthy.")

But we know that lysine, like vitamin C, has no known lethal toxic dose, i.e. it is very safe, so an extra gram or two daily seems prudent as things inside may change over time.

And the very first Linus Pauling case report (as transcribed in Chapter 7 of my book http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/ illustrates that one can still have debilitating heart disease on 5 grams of vitamin C daily. (But was alive!). It was only after adding the five grams of lysine that the Biochemists' miraculous recovery occurred.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”