Allergy to vitamin C

Any adverse effects of replacement vitamin C will be discuseed here. Topics include kidney stones, gall stones, oxidation, etc.
We plan to move good discussions from the General Topics forum here for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Allergy to vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:09 pm

From the email

My wife, 44 years old, was told by a doctor at a young age that she is allergic to Vitamin C. She seems to get headaches including migraines and has had rashes before when she gets too much. So, her whole life she has largely avoided things with Vitamin C, getting it only in some foods such as broccoli or an occasional orange or orange juice. She stated that her grandfather and other family members were also allergic to Vitamin C.

About 7 years ago she started suffering from severe back problems and now has a neuro-stimulator in her back to block some of the pain. She had a migraine induced stroke a year ago this month while at work. She has gone through much therapy and is on permanent disability.

As I have searched the internet, I can find no evidence that there are people allergic to Vitamin C and I question if this was a misdiagnosis decades ago, and wonder if the lack of Vitamin C over the years has led to many of her current health problems.

Are there documented cases of people allergic to Vitamin C?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Gary D.

In a word, no. But she may be highly sensitive to something commonly found in vitamin C
pills, and you should start with pure vitamin C (such as our powder) as most people can tolerate 200 mg. Slowly increase until diarrhea, back off, and see how much she can take daily, hopefully, several grams every 4 hours. This should change her life for the better.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

BimLanders

Post Number:#2  Post by BimLanders » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:07 am

Are there any vitamin allergies on record at all? Just curious.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

The eczema post

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:49 am

Taking small amounts of vitamin C might temporarily give symptoms of an allergy, if a dormant immune system was suddenly activated and began noticing toxins. The resulting inflammation or rash might be diagnosed as an allergy. See the eczema post for the protocol to "normalize" the immune system.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Toxicity”