Dietary Supplements Attacked by the Media

Any adverse effects of replacement vitamin C will be discuseed here. Topics include kidney stones, gall stones, oxidation, etc.
We plan to move good discussions from the General Topics forum here for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Dietary Supplements Attacked by the Media

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:07 pm

Mary Ruart is a Libertarian who has been a candidate to head the FDA!

Mary Ruart wrote:Dear Supporter,

As you probably know, I'm a research scientist by training and, consequently, an enthusiastic supporter of dietary supplements. You may have gotten the impression from recent stories in the press, however, that many popular supplements are ineffective and perhaps even dangerous. But most of these stories simply aren't true! The research studies they are supposedly based on often say just the opposite than the media headlines!

Why the glaring mistakes? At least some of the stories were based on inaccurate
press releases issued by the federal government.

Bill Faloon, a long-time libertarian and co-founder of the Life Extension
Foundation, has analyzed the cited research and compared it to media stories.
The results are quite shocking ! Since you may take dietary supplements as I
do, I wanted to be sure and call your attention to this analysis at :

http://srv.ezinedirector.net/?n=1235494&s=27295232
Bill Faloon wrote:When we got our hands on the study itself, we were startled to find that the women in the study who actually took their calcium and vitamin D supplements suffered 29% fewer hip fractures. 58 This was contrary to what the headlines said. It turned out that the media believed the government’s negative press release and obviously did not read the actual scientific study.

Sincerely,

Mary J. Ruwart, Ph.D.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Toxicity”