Vitamin C making me itchy?

Any adverse effects of replacement vitamin C will be discuseed here. Topics include kidney stones, gall stones, oxidation, etc.
We plan to move good discussions from the General Topics forum here for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

NiacinVC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vitamin C making me itchy?

Post Number:#1  Post by NiacinVC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:59 am

I have been upping my dose due to allergies and lack of sleep. Took 50 grams today between 6 am and 11 am. Mostly AA powder but took 20 grams through AA pills so I dont know if the high dose in such a short time is making me itchy or the fact that I am supplementing my powder with pills that have fillers which is causing me to itch like crazy!
"When one's expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have"- Steven Hawking

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin C making me itchy?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:29 am

Might be fillers in pills, but the obvious culprit is "allergens" in tissues that are being driven out of the body via the skin by a new and improved immune system (At least this was Pauling's suggestion in HTLLAFB)! How is your bowel tolerance at that dose?

Idea: Steam bath/sauna.

Once the toxins/allergens are gone - the itching should stop (unless there is some constant source).
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

NiacinVC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Vitamin C making me itchy?

Post Number:#3  Post by NiacinVC » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:54 am

Due to work related stress, sleep has been very limited lately so I think thats why I didn't hit bowel tolerance till 50 grams in such a short time. Interesting about the toxins escaping from the skin, I didn't think about it that way.

Thanks
"When one's expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have"- Steven Hawking

Return to “Toxicity”