High Bowel Tolerance when presumably "healthy"

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

JohnDoe
Contributor
Contributor

High Bowel Tolerance when presumably "healthy"

Post Number:#1  Post by JohnDoe » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:46 am

I understand the rationale of BT, and the need of titrating to maximize the benefits of Vit C.

I do no, however, not understand why I personally need so much Vit C.

At the most I have now taken 47 grams in 9 hours, and still not reaching anything near BT.

My bloodpressure is 120/70, and the doctor, as of two weeks ago, defines me as "healthy". I have, on my own initiative, taken a lot of blood tests today, but will not receive the results before the end of the week.

What I know of is the following:

I stress easily
Due to stress, I have developed a mild/medium depression, and a mild/medium anxiety issue. I receive no medication for this.
I have high IOP (18-23 (higher interval). High IOP predisposes for glaucoma. However, my eyedoctor has me on follow up in 1.5 years. I receive no medication for this.
I have seasonal pollen allergy, and some dust allergy. There are virtually no pollen now in my country. I have STOPPED taking medication for this a year ago (Took 1 tablet Cetirizin daily, and sometimes eye drops)

From my bloodtests last year, I remember low DHEA (just below the lowest interval). My homocystein had increased from 6.1 to 9.x . (It was 8.x in 2014, but I lowered with a special homocystein supplement to 6.1 in 2015).

Is it really possible that the above "small issues" drains so much AA? Has anyone else been experiencing the same, i.e. being almost "laughed" at when you visit your doctor and wants to check your health, and at the same time needing so much AA ?

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”