Finally reached bowel tolerance...now what?

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

sen08

Finally reached bowel tolerance...now what?

Post Number:#1  Post by sen08 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:12 pm

So it took me 6 full days, but I finally reach BT at 80gms. I know to back down now to 75-80%, but its only 1:15. Typically I take my last dose by 4:30 so it doesn't keep me up at night. Should I take smaller amounts until 4:30 or wait and start new at 64grams tomorrow? Thanks!

JohnDoe
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Finally reached bowel tolerance...now what?

Post Number:#2  Post by JohnDoe » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:47 am

I would believe that the general consensus would be that you should continue with a lesser amount until 4:30 (In reality as long as possible each day, but since you have decided to stop 4:30 then you should at least take until 4:30).

May I ask you if you have a lot of issues that should be "corrected", thus sustaining the need of 80 grams?

sen08

Re: Finally reached bowel tolerance...now what?

Post Number:#3  Post by sen08 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:10 pm

Sorry took me so long to respond. Well, through another post I learned that the SA I was taking was actually constipating me so I wasn't reaching bowel tolerance. I switched to the AA and now I'm at 22.5 for BT and then I space out two more 5gram doses ending by 5pm. Tomorrow I'm going to drop to 25 and space it out to 2.5 grams every hour from 8-6 I'm also sleeping better on the AA. If you have any suggestions on the best way to do it I'm all ears. Thanks

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”