Titrating to bowel tolerance

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

trooperp3a

Titrating to bowel tolerance

Post Number:#1  Post by trooperp3a » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi Owen;
I have been a vitamin C fan for much of my life. I read Linus Pauling in the early 70's, which if I remember correctly referred mostly to the common cold and Vitamin C. I sort of let him slip away from me, although I took 2 grams of vitamin C per day for many years. I thought that was a large dose. Not really understanding it's relationship with cardiovascular disease, and the effects of a chronic deficiency, as I grew older and less active in sports, my supplementing regime went by the wayside.
Four weeks ago, I suffered a heart attack, and had 3 stents inserted into a single artery, which apparently is in poor shape, with many lesions beyond the piggybacked stents.
I believe in the Pauling Therapy, and started taking large doses of vitamin C, Lysine, and proline about two weeks ago. I have ordered Tower Labs Heart Tech formula and intend to pursue this regimen with a passion.
I am however, confused about titration. In order to achieve bowel tolerance, do I take a single dose to determine bowel tolerance, then take that determined dose 4 or 5 times a day? Or am I supposed to determine bowel tolerance and divide that dosage into 4 or 5 doses per day? I can't find specific instructions anywhere. It seems to me that I should take whatever my body can handle every time I take a dose.
Hopefully I can get this cleared up somewhere in the forums.
Thanks in advance...

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”