Something that just occurred to me

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

trillian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Something that just occurred to me

Post Number:#1  Post by trillian » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:35 pm

Something I had heard before a few time but just now in reading the Linus Pauling book it hit me;
If bowel tolerance changes in an individual between times of good health and the onset of infection
or under stress etc. That is pretty good evidence that the need for high-dose vit C is very real, that
the body is using it when it is there. If this were not the case then it would seem bowel tolerance
would be fairly consistent in an individual (given consistency of diet etc.).

I'm sure some of you have thought of this but for some reason it just hit me whilst reading
'How to Live Longer and Feel Better' in his talks about bio differences between humans.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Cathcart's Paper

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:09 am

You are right, of course, but more than 3 decades behind Robert Cathcart's thinking.

You may not have read TITRATING TO VITAMIN C BOWEL TOLERANCE

http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

lately, so you might reread it. This is the primary message in Docc's paper.

People with mono, for example, can tolerate sometimes over 200 g (200,000 mg daily) during the course of the illness - without diarrhea!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

trillian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by trillian » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:10 pm

Yes, I had read Cathcart's article. What didn't occur to me the first time around is that this
massive disparity in bowel tolerance between times of good health and illness is a strong
argument against those who dispute the 'mega' dose mode of thinking (the doses recommended
by Pauling and Cathcart etc.)

UK_Vit_C

Post Number:#4  Post by UK_Vit_C » Sun May 27, 2007 12:10 am

I have also wondered about this.

When I told work colleagues, friends and family that my bowel tolerance experiences matched the "theory", the standard response was a wry patronising smile, as if I was having a joke with them.

I'd really like to know what skeptical medical community's response is to bowel tolerance.

There are still many - including doctors - who claim that taking vitamin c is a "placebo effect". Well, I wonder if they think that "belief" in vitamin C can really counteract the chemical reactions of the body? After all, it is a known fact that vitamin c causes diareah in large doses. Are skeptics suggesting that we can "wish" substances we ingest not to effect us? If we could, we would be able to take poison like arsenic and be immune because we "believed" it was doing us good. :roll:

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”