Gas at 40-50 g

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Gas at 40-50 g

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:17 am

Hi, i've been taking large dosages of vit c (40-50 grams a day like the guy on doctoryourself.com says) and i've been getting gas. Why is that and if i buy your vit c will i get gas?
thanks

Dear Sir,

40,000 to 50,000 g orally is an exceptional amount an implies that you are dealing with a serious issue. What is your health issue?

First, to understand the bowel tolerance issue - see

http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

Worth reading. (Hopefully link still works).

Then,there is the issue of the form of vitamin C.

You may require only half as much of ours (ascorbic acid) if you are taking vitamin C as one of its salts.

If you do require this level, there is a product Lypo-C, though expensive, does not break down in the gut and there is NO gas with this form. We often suggest that people get close to their tolerance with ordinary C, just below the point that causes gas, and then take the Lypo-C form.

The "bowel tolerance" forum discusses ways to control the gas formation.

There is an IV alternative, but it depends on your issues.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Allergies

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:22 am

I thought bowel tolerance was the point where u get diharea? But ur saying its gas? I havent got diahhrea but i do have gas.
I'm trying to get rid of bad allergies.

thanks

Well, when you hit diarrhea, you are definitely at tolerance.

Many people experience gas below their tolerance.

Allergies do create a large tolerance, however, you should read HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER by Linus Pauling, and follow his ENTIRE regimen. Vitamin A, B complex, etc.

In my case, all my allergies left me in 1986 when I adopted this regimen after
reading Pauling's book.

So, scan the "bowel tolerance" forum for ways to control gas - there is a fiber/charcoal, name escapes me, that will absorb gas. Also, if you know the level you can take without gas, you can start taking the Lypo-C which will not cause gas or diarrhea. Finally, you might be able to spread out you dosages out to avoid some of the problem.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Warts getting Bigger

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:55 am

Hey,
Quick questions:
I'm taking vit c to strenghten my immune system so i can get rid of warts but since i started taking high dosages of C about 2-3 weeks ago i've noticed my warts have gotton bigger.

Also many times after taking vit c i'll have to blow my nose several times. Could this mean i'm allergic to C and it doing my body hard or is this part of a cleansing process? What could it mean?

thanks a ton for the help!

Strange report. Like nothing I've heard. You probably should put the vitamin C (as a paste, perhaps mixed with vitamin E and ECGC (Green Tea Extract) on those warts. If cancerous, they should fall off in a day or 2. Maybe put the vitamin C paste (ascorbic acid) on 3 times per day.

As far as the blowing nose, that means your mucous production has increased. The "sticky" mucous is an immune response designed to attract foreign/toxic particles and allergens outside your body - in your sinus. When your body stops sensing these foreign particles, the mucous will reside. By "enhancing" your immune system, paradoxically, you are seeing more symptoms as the body becomes better able to detoxify itself. Hang in there! I'd follow
Pauling's entire protocol in HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER,
including the high Vitamin A.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Watery nasal drip

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:57 am

Thanks. It more of a clear watery runny nose. It could also be because i'=
m taking colliodal silver too.
thanks

In my case, clear watery nasal drip is the first symptom when I'm about to get the
cold or flu - viral attack. (However, since starting my high vitamin D3 regimen, I haven't suffered this problem)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”