Bowel Tolerance Changes

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Bowel Tolerance Changes

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:45 am

Owen,

Please suspend my monthly autoship of Vitamin C power until further notice. I am having stomach aches and very loose bowels even taking half of what I was taking for so long. I guess my body is telling me I have taken enough for now. I eat mostly fruit, raw nuts, and raw and steamed veggies so I should be getting what I need for now.

I too have seen my bowel tolerance decline after surgery a few years ago. and it seems to mean that we (you) are getting well, or at least better.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

J.Lilinoe

Re: Bowel Tolerance Changes

Post Number:#2  Post by J.Lilinoe » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:31 pm

I find that some days I can tolerate 6 or more grams and some days I can only handle 3 grams. I used to be able to take 10 to 12 grams 2 years ago but not anymore. Hmmm.

rider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by rider » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:17 am

Same here but thenagain.. reckon it all has to do with free radicals in the body a/o damages in the vains etcetc.
Probably depends on lots of factors a body and mind..(stress!) has to deal with on a daily basis...???
Life's to short to be bored.
TC & have fun!

joiv
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by joiv » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:12 am

When I first started taking vitamin C regularly, my bowel tolerance equalled 2 heaping tablespoons 4 times a day. Now, it is just a little bit less than one tablespoon 4 times a day. I don't know why. Maybe some of the gremlins died.
Bowel Tolerance: Approximately 30 grams – Prefers pure ascorbic acid.

Cis4me
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by Cis4me » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:52 am

I think when I started about 4 years ago, the most I could tolerate when not ill was about 6 grams. Then it went up to about 12-15, and since last June it dropped to about 6-8 grams per day where it remains to this day unless I'm working really hard, stressed, or around someone who is sick (or will be within a couple days) in which case my tolerence roughly triples for a day or 2.

All in all, I'd say it's a good thing. :)

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”