Daily ginger root to help with gas ?

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

rmb60
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Daily ginger root to help with gas ?

Post Number:#1  Post by rmb60 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:40 am

Yes for me the amount of daily Ascorbic Acid (average now, 12grams 3x a day) meant a LOT of ongoing gas and rumbles till I decided to add raw ginger root to my daily diet....I simply buy it from the supermarket and grind up to the equivalent of 1 heaped tablespoon twice a day and add it to my meals, the taste is strong at first but I am now very comfortable with the it along with - within a few days, a SIGNIFICANT - NOT minor but significant improvement in bowel discomfort/gas/cramping as well as being more socially acceptable now :)....

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Daily ginger root to help with gas ?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:13 am

Very interesting. What made you think of it?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

rmb60
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Daily ginger root to help with gas ?

Post Number:#3  Post by rmb60 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:04 pm

My house mate recently visited Canada and was put on to a product Gravol http://www.gravol.ca for her nervous bowel during travel. On returning to Australia I asked her about the supplement and noted that it was mainly ginger extract in a time release tablet....So I decided to try raw ginger root and within a few days had ongoing significant reduction in gas/rumbles..It may simply work for me but I also hope it may help others here..........Disclaimer, I am to ginger what Trump is to cash :shock:

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”