Both Arguments Have Merit

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Both Arguments Have Merit

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:44 am

Dr. Fonorow - I think my father might be open to using the Ascorbade, so hopefully one of these days I'll be able to call and order it. I do admit, though, to being confused by the whole debate of ascorbic acid vs. the Standard Process/Royal Lee school of thought; not confused, actually, it's just that both arguments have a lot of merit.
Mike

Hmmm. I am interested in the reasons you think the so-called Royal Lee argument "has a lot of merit" visa vis vitamin C?

I have addressed the reasons why I believe the Royal Lee argument has little or no scientific merit here:

http://vitamincfoundation.org/NaturalC.htm

And we have devoted this entire forum to the issue
vitamincfoundation.org/forum -> Vitamin C Complex

There is no such thing as a vitamin C complex which cures scurvy, or keeps people alive. Only a form of ascorbate, e.g. ascorbic acid can do that. There is little in science that is as cut and dried.

Furthermore, many D.C's marketing "natural" vitamin C products have markups over 1500%, all for throwing some rose hips into a jar.

Furthermore, all Standard Process's products that contain over 500 mg of vitamin C have "ascorbic acid" on the label, etc.

owen
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”