Ascorbic acid is not vitamin c - hogwash!

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Ascorbic acid is not vitamin c - hogwash!

Post Number:#1  Post by Ralph Lotz » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:28 am

Natural News has a new feature called Naturalpedia.com. Imagine my surprise when I clicked on vitamin C and this came up:

Conscious Health: A Complete Guide to Wellness Through Natural Means
Ron Garner (See book keywords and concepts)

The drug industry calls it vitamin c. Ascorbic acid is not vitamin c, but rather a fraction, the outside layer of the biologically utilizable vitamin c complex, as shown in Figure 16.1. i- ASCORBIC ACID -1 ASCORBICEN BIOFLAVINOID COMPLEXES TYROSINAS E P FACTORS K FACTORS J FACTORS 1- ASCORBIC ACID -1 Figure 16.1 Complete vitamin c complex Likewise, alphatocopherol, which is sold as Vitamin E, is only part of the Vitamin E complex. As Richard Murray points out: ... synthetic vitamins are not vitamins at all but synthesized FRACTIONS of a vitamin complex ...

It is unfortunate that this mythical disinformation continues because of ignorance and/or greed.
Here are some keys to understanding the nature of ascorbic acid/vitamin C:

Owen's paper, The Nature of Vitamin C
http://vitamincfoundation.org/NaturalC.htm

Szent-Gyorgyi A. 1937. Oxidation, energy transfer, and vitamins. Nobel Lecture. [online].
Available from:
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medi ... ecture.pdf.
(See pages 446-448.)
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”