Trodusquemine

This forum is where we intend to file all discussions that are not relevant to Vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Trodusquemine

Post Number:#1  Post by Bossman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:39 am

Recently, I read an article about Trodusquemine, an aminosterol.
In a mice study one dose of Trodusquemine fully cleared atherosclerotic plaque in mice. The researchers assume that the mode of action is the inhibition of PTP1B.

Since Trodusquemine is not available yet to the public, somebody wrote that he looked for an alternative with a comparable effect on PTP1B.
He found that Magnolia bark extract (let's call it MBE ) also inhibits PTP1B and suggested that MBE should also be capable of removing atherosclerotic plaque almost instantaneously.

I would appreciate your expert thoughts on this.
Thank you.

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Trodusquemine

Post Number:#2  Post by Bossman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:35 am

Does somebody have some thoughts on the idea that taking an MBE supplement may result in removal arterial plaque?

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:40 am

Really nobody knows. There isn't any scientific evidence that Magnolia bark extract would work that way in humans, nor any anecdotal evidence. What works in mice so very often turns out not working in humans. All you can do is try it yourself, if you're enough convinced that it could work.

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Bossman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:51 am

Pamojja, thank you for your reply.
Yes, I am planning to try magnolia bark extract myself, but first I will need to have reliable reference data, i.e. a scan to record the present degree of atherosclerosis in my arteries.

Return to “Rants and Misc. Health”