Is there a supplement to prevent recurrence of BPPV

This forum is where we intend to file all discussions that are not relevant to Vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there a supplement to prevent recurrence of BPPV

Post Number:#1  Post by Bossman » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:56 am

Do you have any thoughts on supplements that may prevent the recurrence of BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo)?
The Epley manouevre is generally very effective in removing the crystals from the semicircular ducts where they don't belong and where they cause vertigo.
However, it seems like people who have experienced BPPV and have been treated successfully for BPPV are more likely to get it again. So, I wonder if the natural removal of the loose crystals in the inner ear is less effective in BPPV sufferers. If so, are there supplements that will promote the clean up of loose crystals in the inner ear?
Thank you.

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Is there a supplement to prevent recurrence of BPPV

Post Number:#2  Post by Bossman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:54 am

I hope that there is somebody on the forum, who, either from personal experience or medical knowledge, has thoughts on this. My reason to think that there may be supplements that help in preventing the recurrence of BPPV is the fact (according to articles that I read) people who have experienced BPPV once are much more likely to get a BPPV episode again than people who never had BPPV.
So, I presume that the clean up of loosened particles in the inner ear is not working properly in individuals who had BPPV, particularly in those who had BPPV attacks more than once.

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Bossman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:24 am

Maybe I can more or less reverse the question.
Can the use of proteolytic enzymes promote dislodging of the crystals in the inner ear, thereby promoting BPPV?

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Bossman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:13 am

Is there nobody with an opinion about this?

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:31 am

I wish I could help but had to look up BPPV. Maybe it's a lack of knowledge here because usually people respond quickly. Best of luck to you!

Have you read about any supplements that are supposed to help anywhere else?

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by eDOC » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:36 am

DMSO drops.

eDOC!!
Rookie, rusty, subaverage doc but one that gives results. But do remember no freebies. Email questions, wouldn't be answered free, I'd be charging for a consult. So think twice, before sending a mail.

Bossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by Bossman » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:13 am

eDOC, thank you very much.
I will look into DMSO. I myself certainly never thought about DMSO in this context.

francisunderwood, thank you for responding.

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by eDOC » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Bossman wrote:eDOC, thank you very much.
I will look into DMSO. I myself certainly never thought about DMSO in this context.

You're welcome, I happened to treat only 1 case suffering from BPPV using DMSO, some 8 months ago.

eDOC!!
Rookie, rusty, subaverage doc but one that gives results. But do remember no freebies. Email questions, wouldn't be answered free, I'd be charging for a consult. So think twice, before sending a mail.

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by pamojja » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:08 pm

eDOC wrote:DMSO drops.

eDOC!!

It is very interesting that when undergoing nasyam, the head is tilted right back as the nasyam liquid is poured into the nasal cavities. As you can see from the images below, with such positioning of the head, the nasyam liquid would be poured directly on the olfactory bulb, and this bulb's nerve pathways (shown in yellow) bypass the blood-brain barrier and conduct directly into the brain.
ImageImage

It just occurred to me. Wouldn't that way not be an elegant way to administer for brain inflammation?

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by eDOC » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:18 pm

pamojja wrote:It just occurred to me. Wouldn't that way not be an elegant way to administer for brain inflammation?

Correct, it would, but only to some extent, depending on the amount of inflammation and DMSO required.

eDOC!!

PS: Images won't display on my cell using Chrome...

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by pamojja » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:24 pm

eDOC wrote:
pamojja wrote:It just occurred to me. Wouldn't that way not be an elegant way to administer for brain inflammation?

Correct, it would, but only to some extent, depending on the amount of inflammation and DMSO required.

eDOC!!

Thanks for the quick response. Brain inflammation seems so often indicated in HPA axis dysregulation and hormonal deficiencies we are taking about in other threats.

The quote and images came from here.

eDOC
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#12  Post by eDOC » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:51 pm

pamojja wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. Brain inflammation seems so often indicated in HPA axis dysregulation and hormonal deficiencies we are taking about in other threats.

The quote and images came from here.

You're welcome, need to create an account for the link...

DMSO drops would certainly help in your case, CFS/ME, to what extent can't predict, since I use IV route for treating CFS.

eDOC!!

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by pamojja » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:36 am

eDOC wrote:
pamojja wrote:DMSO drops would certainly help in your case, CFS/ME, to what extent can't predict, since I use IV route for treating CFS.

eDOC!!

Thanks again. Well, that's so much easier to find out, just a bid of distilled water needed to dilute the drops :D

Instead of getting all the tools for IV's through the Internet, and learn to give myself IVs. Though I probably could find a MD on my yearly vacation in South-India, to do it for a stack of Rupees..

Return to “Rants and Misc. Health”