Dr John Warner, Cardiologist and President of American Heart Association, age 52, suffered heart attack, received stent

This forum is where we intend to file all discussions that are not relevant to Vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Dr John Warner, Cardiologist and President of American Heart Association, age 52, suffered heart attack, received stent

Post Number:#1  Post by pamojja » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:58 am

The title says it all :roll:

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Dr John Warner, Cardiologist and President of American Heart Association, age 52, suffered heart attack, received s

Post Number:#2  Post by zarfas » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:46 pm

I used to work in a hospital and the cafe had a mcdonalds..I"d see the head cardiologist eating his big mac/fries/ REAL COKE
but does that matter? I thought the reason you got CAD was from a lack of collagen/vitamin C?

now being at a low BMI and eating more plants seems to lower the risk of CAD and other mortality(cancer.diabetes)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22530540

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Dr John Warner, Cardiologist and President of American Heart Association, age 52, suffered heart attack, received s

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:38 am

zarfas wrote:..but does that matter? I thought the reason you got CAD was from a lack of collagen/vitamin C?

There are more sides to it. In mammals - which endogenously produce vitamin C in response chemical, bacterial, viral and what-not tissue damage - it's somewhat alleviated by a corrective increase in endogenous vitamin C production. In humans this alleviation can be accomplished by titrating to bowel-tolerance.

However, there are different magnitude of insults, and there are different abilities to counter them due to bio-chemical individuality. Therefore there are also examples of humans without taking vitamin C and no CAD till old age.

To look at vitamin C deficiency only, without considering the damage it alleviates, is looking at only one side of the equation.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by zarfas » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:30 am

I posted about the prez of the AHA having a heart attack(irony?)
and some douche said

Go ahead, politicize the guy's misfortune.

Warner, 52, is a Dallas-based interventional cardiologist...

He also comes from a family that is uniquely susceptible to heart disease. A grandfather and a great grandfather were both killed by heart disease, and Warner’s father and paternal grandfather were forced to undergo bypass surgery in their 60s.

In a Sunday speech delivered just hours before his heart attack, in fact, Warner told an Anaheim crowd that there were “no old men on either side of my family, none.”

“All the branches of our family tree have been cut short by cardiovascular disease,” he said, adding that this fact alone had been a key reason why he had devoted his life to heart medicine.

http://nationalpost.com/news/heart-asso ... conference

My point is,
with all thats "known" about CAD in traditional medicine, the HEAD guy stil succumbs to the very thing he is fighting against

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by zarfas » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:39 am

pamojja wrote:
There are more sides to it. In mammals - which endogenously produce vitamin C in response chemical, bacterial, viral and what-not tissue damage - it's somewhat alleviated by a corrective increase in endogenous vitamin C production. In humans this alleviation can be accomplished by titrating to bowel-tolerance.

However, there are different magnitude of insults, and there are different abilities to counter them due to bio-chemical individuality. Therefore there are also examples of humans without taking vitamin C and no CAD till old age.

To look at vitamin C deficiency only, without considering the damage it alleviates, is looking at only one side of the equation.

that;'s why I swear some people make vitAmin C?
like why do some people not brush and eat crappy food and yet have great teeeth?(no caries)

I was reading IMDB, MASH and many people from the TV show.movie, DIED due to Cad or some infection.
Im thinking infections could be cured with more vitamin C
--Our body is continually manufacturing collagen to maintain and repair connective tissues lost to daily wear and tear. Without vitamin C, collagen formation is disrupted, resulting in a wide variety of problems throughout the body

--https://nutritionreview.org/2013/04/collagen-connection/

Frederick R. Klenner, M.D. of North Carolina has seen cures of diphtheria, staph and strep infections, herpes, mumps, spinal meningitis, mononucleosis, shock, viral hepatitis, arthritis and polio using high doses of vitamin C (Journal of Preventive Medicine, Spring, 1974). Dr. Klenner says: "Ascorbic acid is the safest and the most valuable substance available to the physician" and "If you want results, use adequate ascorbic acid."

http://www.doctoryourself.com/ortho_c.html

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm

zarfas wrote:Go ahead, politicize the guy's misfortune.

Also absolutely not my intent. On the contrary, rather a call for understanding that all these misguided recommendations aren't out of any ill-will, but that these conventional cardiologist really just don't know any better. Risking everything even for themselves.

Big Pharma, from IG Farben during the 3rd Reich, down to all their off-shoots now is a different animal, of course.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by zarfas » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:36 am

pamojja wrote:
Also absolutely not my intent. On the contrary, rather a call for understanding that all these misguided recommendations aren't out of any ill-will, but that these conventional cardiologist really just don't know any better. Risking everything even for themselves.

Big Pharma, from IG Farben during the 3rd Reich, down to all their off-shoots now is a different animal, of course.

right, no one is trying to help you/look out for you.

it's like going to mcdonalds and asking for the healthiest thing to eat
and being told, "get the SMALL fry"
when you should be told, "go somewhere else, get some real food"

but some MDs dont know any better and think the only food that exists is the Mcdonald menu, so they arent intentionaly giving you bad info, they are doing all they know how to do by saying, "small fry" and they even hurt themselves by their lack of knowledge.

and that was the point of me posting this..iF I posted about a grandmaster chess player losing to a chicken, you will question, is he really a grandmaster?

Return to “Rants and Misc. Health”