Rootcanal-treated tooth extraction - precautions?

The discussion of how the Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Rootcanal-treated tooth extraction - precautions?

Post Number:#16  Post by zarfas » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:59 am

pamojja wrote:Curious situation, where everyone agrees rootcanal-treated tooth could be a toxic source. But, as it seems, not one here ever bothered having it extracted?

you have to rule out a lot of other sources of toxins
and
according to dr levy, not all root canal teeth are problems, yes they all get infected, but may not be a source of infection(use a Endodontist)

if you have a low lpa, why would you bother to remove a root canal?

I have a low HS-CRP and 1 root canal, put in by an Endodontists, I'm unsure if I want to have my root canal removed

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#17  Post by pamojja » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:23 am

zarfas wrote:
pamojja wrote:Curious situation, where everyone agrees rootcanal-treated tooth could be a toxic source. But, as it seems, not one here ever bothered having it extracted?

you have to rule out a lot of other sources of toxins and according to dr levy, not all root canal teeth are problems, yes they all get infected, but may not be a source of infection (use a Endodontist)

if you have a low lpa, why would you bother to remove a root canal?

I have a low HS-CRP and 1 root canal, put in by an Endodontists, I'm unsure if I want to have my root canal removed

One has to look at the whole context:

2 years before my PAD diagnosis a very stressful job (which I quit just before the diagnosis), my first root-canal (without giving permission!), cystitis, a myopericarditis, schistosomiasis, and finally the PAD with a 60% walking disability.

Therefore, that 2 years that lead to the PAD had a lot of stress, numerous infections and a root-canal treated tooth. One of them 'broke the camels back'. Since then the stress reduced, diet cleaned, infections have been curbed with a ongoing ridiculous amount of anti-inflammatories (keeping me bankrupt), with only the root-canal treated tooth left.

And though I experienced a terrific remission with the PAD disability, ME/CFS is debilitating all by itself, and my labs - though also greatly improved - do show ongoing difficulties. For example my Lp(a) only came down almost to normal range with a normalization in antrogens, has deteriorated since again (soon have a new hormone-panel to verify). Lp(a) at 49 mg/dl, hs-CRP at 3.1 mg/L, ESR at 20 mm/h, fT3 at 2.4 pg/ml, all markers which do indicate inflammation. Though these are only the averages taken from the last 9 years, they all fluctuated greatly and regularly.

So yes, if I had a perfect Lp(a) and hsCRP, and no symptoms of ME/CFS, and.. - I would agree and see no reason to remove that tooth, as in your case. My situation is different.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#18  Post by zarfas » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:57 am

pamojja wrote:So yes, if I had a perfect Lp(a) and hsCRP, and no symptoms of ME/CFS, and.. - I would agree and see no reason to remove that tooth, as in your case. My situation is different.

I wasnt questioning why you wanted to remove the tooth, I agree with that!I was stictly talking about myself

I know many stories on her, some from Dr levy, that one the root canal tooth is removed, all issues are resolved
I hope that is that same in your case

Return to “Thomas E Levy's: Curing the Incurable”