Can Vitamin C Help w/Chronic Bacterial Sinus Infections

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Can Vitamin C Help w/Chronic Bacterial Sinus Infections

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:00 am

Hello Owen,
The Vitamin C Foundation gave me your e-mail in hopes that you could help me with some info. I just ordered the powder form that they sell and should receive it in a few days. My first question is does it work on a bacterial infection. I read that it works for viral infections.I've had a serious bacterial infection in my sinus for almost three years now. I've had three operations and done 14 rounds of anti-biotics but nothing got rid of it. Meso-silver in my sinuses combined with taking it internally seemed to make it better for quite a few months. But just in the past 12 days it is back pretty bad again. 12 days ago I caught a cold and at this time I doubled my dose of vitamin c from 1000mg.a day to 2000mg.a day. I'm not sure if it was the cold or vitamin c that made the infection come back.The cold has been gone for about 5 days now but the infection is still just as bad. If vitamin c doesn't work on a bacterial infection do you have any ideas on what will. I also have Irritable Bowel Syndrom, so my immune system is always weak. I need to find a way to build my immune system back up to be strong. How do I go about finding a naturalpath in my area that could help me with these nagging problems.Like any doctor I'm sure there are good ones and poor ones.Anything you could tell me to try would be a big help.Thanks,Dan

I'll share what I know.

Certainly vitamin C at a correct, sustained high dose (bowel tolerance) is crucial. See http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm for information on determining the amount of vitamin C for your illness. You will note that for bacterial infections, the tolerance can be as high as 150
grams (150,000 mg) daily, versus the 1 or 2 grams you mentioned.

Vitamin C does not have the same kind of "knock out" ability that it has with viral infections, but it has been found effective against several bacterial infections, and it has been known for a while that vitamin C can enhance the effect of antibiotics. So in my opinion, it is a good idea to find and go to your bowel tolerance of vitamin C.

Furthermore, as described in the above reference Cathcart paper, when you are fighting infection, vitamin C levels are depleted, causing all sort of secondary problems, so taking vitamin C simply to replenish the tissues is very important.

You can also put sodium ascorbate mixed in saline up your nostrils, as Pauling's cited research showing that the concentration of vitamin C in the sinus can this way be made 1000 times higher than by taking vitamin C orally. See the bottom of this link: http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/surefire.shtml

I have discovered that vitamin D is even more important for treating/preventing infections than vitamin C! Long story, but try to get 30 minutes of sunlight on as much exposed skin as possible between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. every day (during the summer) and take at least 5000 iu of vitamin D orally. (But the sunshine (uv/b light) is key.)

Linus Pauling in his book provides a basic supplement regimen - (How To Live Longer and Feel Better pg. 14) that in my opinion is a minimum regimen for everyone. Especially the VItamin A (25,000 iu). Another long story, but the WHO saves the lives of kids in the 3rd world with a 500,000 iu shot of vitamin A. (This keeps these kids from going blind before they die from infection.)

Now depending on age, something I didn't know until last summer, even doing all this, if your adrenals are "fatigued", you will be prone to infections. Adrenals require vitamin C, and infections deplete vitamin C, etc. The book that explains how cortisol replacement can rest the adrenals is called SAFE USES OF CORTISOL, 3rd Edition, William Mck Jefferies. The problem is finding a knowledgeable doctor. (Where do you live?)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Can Vitamin C Help w/Chronic Bacterial Sinus Infections

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:24 am

I would follow Owen's Advice and you could also try this.

You could try Oil of Oregano which you can get at most health food stores. Read label and make sure it's made from vulgare variety and has at least a 70% cavacrol rating.

This is a known antibiotic, From what I read on it, it works pretty good on sinus infections.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

VanCanada

Post Number:#3  Post by VanCanada » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:52 am

Dan wrote: I've had three operations and done 14 rounds of anti-biotics but nothing got rid of it.

What makes you sure it is not viral?

Your VC intake doesn't assure us about that...

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:47 am

Johnwen wrote:I would follow Owen's Advice and you could also try this.

You could try Oil of Oregano which you can get at most health food stores. Read label and make sure it's made from vulgare variety and has at least a 70% cavacrol rating.

This is a known antibiotic, From what I read on it, it works pretty good on sinus infections.

Good idea but how would you "try" it. Certainly not up the nose! (I put the undiluted oregano oil per your specs on my gums and it burned for days!) The proper oil is strong medicine, and apparently the fact that you should dilute it is "well known" :?:
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

VanCanada

Post Number:#5  Post by VanCanada » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:08 am

Dan wrote:If vitamin c doesn't work on a bacterial infection do you have any ideas on what will.
Dr. William Wong,N.D. mentions his number one recommended antibiotic, in one of his podcasts. It was an allopathic patented antiobiotic with the usual hard-to-remember allopathic name. I can check my notes for you to find the name of that, if you wish.

Dan wrote:I also have Irritable Bowel Syndrom, so my immune system is always weak.
What are willing to invest, in terms of time and money? The answer to that would help us in trying to provide recommendations.

Dan wrote:I need to find a way to build my immune system back up to be strong.
Traditional Chinese Medicine might be something worth exploring. The medicinal mushrooms would probably give you the best bang for the buck IMHO - Reishi is awesome if you find a good reishi product (PM me for details if you're interested). TCM has a long history of efficacy and safety. (Doctor John Nieters in the Bay area seems to be a good one; check out his podcasts.)

Good luck Dan.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by Johnwen » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:22 am

Good idea but how would you "try" it. Certainly not up the nose!

I was thinking pill form since he appears to have other problems it may help also.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

VanCanada

Biotics Research Corporation's A.D.P. - micro-emulsified ore

Post Number:#7  Post by VanCanada » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:20 am

You could try Oil of Oregano which you can get at most health food stores.

I've tried to usual oils of oregano and can say from personal experience you should avoid those varieties. Oil of oregano is great, but I recommend getting it in a form that is not unpleasant/terrible to take.

I have heard that the product linked to below has superior absorption to the usual oils of oregano, and without any strong taste or burning sensation you can sometimes get with the usual oils. I haven't tried 'A.D.P.' yet personally but intend on purchasing when my current oil of oregano (the usual kind) runs out:

http://www.bioticsresearch.com/node/1653

A patented formulation, proven effective. Utilizing miro-emulsification and delayed release technologies, A.D.P.® delivers standardized oil of oregano throughout the digestive tract where it functions to positively impact intestinal organisms.
I have tried the micro-emulsified Vitamin D product from this company and was happy with its effects, just not the fact it is pricier than other vitamin D products. I think I can convert the usual vitamin D supplements just fine so for me, the micro-emulsified vitamin D is not worth buying. I think the micro-emulsified oregano would be well worth it. If you are doubtful about the A.D.P. I would love to hear from someone doing a side-by-side comparison of A.D.P. with an ordinary oil of oregano product.

scurvyencounters
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by scurvyencounters » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Several years ago, before we understood the mercury toxicity issue, we gave my son ADP starting with a low dose and slowly building up over 6 to 9 months. His psychosis symptoms would explode every time we increased the dosage. In hindsight, we now understand that gut microbes absorb mercury and when the oregano oil kills some of them, that mercury gets released into the system to do its damage. The doctor warned us about a herxiemer detox reaction, but I now believe it is better explained as a burst of mercury toxicity.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:14 am

Hello Owen,

Thanks for your response to my questions. I'll try to answer some of the questions in the forum. I've tried oregano oil from " Essensial Oils". I didn't notice a difference from using it alone but maybe along with Vitamin C and Meso-Silver it would help. I live in central Vermont near the capital Montpelier .I found a Naturopath that administers intravenous vitamin c but it's quite a long drive for me to do everyday. Another option is to try high dose Liposome capsules. I've heard that they can be close to a s effective as intravenous therapy.But in the book "Primal Panacea" Dr.Thomas Levy says basically if you have a root canal that nothing is going to reach the infection. So I'm in the process of researching this to see if I should have that tooth extracted. He co- wrote a book on exactly that subject and I intend to buy it as soon as I finish Primal Panacea. I have tried some mushrooms but not sure about the one mentioned in your forum.

I thought it was an interesting concept that someone in your forum said about fatigued adrenal glans. It could be just that since I get colds many times a year now. For some reason all the supplements and anything else I've tried will not build my immune system back up to where I can even fend off colds.I'm racing with time to try to find an answer for this because with a weak immune system it's only a matter of time before something serious like cancer gets a foothold.Thanks for your help. Dan

Well then,

1. Go to library, get SAFE USES OF CORTISOL 3rd Edition, by William Mck
Jefferies (2004).

2. Read it, especially all the cases.

3. If that Naturopath can give IV - maybe he can also prescribe. (If so, give him a copy of the Jefferies book.)

4. Try to get a prescription for Hydrocortisone - 20 mg daily (5 mg with meals and before bed). Else methyl prednisolone - 4-6 mg daily.)

In the meantime, keep up a Pauling based supplement program featuring high vitamin C. (And 5 packets at one time of Livon Labs Lypo-C - simulates blood levels of a small IV)

If you cannot get an extended cortisol prescription ("the most dangerous drug I prescribe" according to my ignorant allopathic doctors), there are supposedly adrenal extracts that work as well (but not in my experience!).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

VanCanada

Oil of oregano information

Post Number:#10  Post by VanCanada » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:27 am

In a podcast by Dr. Wong (2009-05-04) he makes a few suggestions:

1- Mixing oil of oregano with olive oil (25% oil of oregano with 75% olive oil).

2- The NOW Foods pearls:

http://www.nowfoods.com/Supplements/Products-by-Category/Herbs-Mushrooms/Extracts/M003584.htm

3- Subatomic silver (Sovereign Silver)

The podcast can be found here:
- Direct download link is http://www.naturalhealthpodcasts.com/PodCasts/may_2_09.mp3

- Or scroll down to the "May 4th" link from here:
http://www.naturalhealthpodcasts.com/Archived%20Podcasts/2009_podcasts.html

The information from Dr. Wong I'm referring to starts after minute 11 of the podcast.

Good luck with recovering your health.

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”