Coconut oil and oil of Oregano/ HPylor? Vitamin C

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

jeannekrieg
Contributor
Contributor

Coconut oil and oil of Oregano/ HPylor? Vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by jeannekrieg » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Many years ago I was diagnosed with H Pylori and took the 2 week Prev Pac. ( 2 weeks of 8 anti-biotics a day) The HPylori was gone but I had a messed up stomach for a year after. 3 years later I had symptoms again and a stool test came back positive with H Pylori again. I told my doctor I had read a study by a Dr. Harry Preuss from Georgetown on Coconut Oil and Oil of Oregano and anti-biotic resistant bacteria and H Pylori and told him I would rather take that for 2- 3 weeks instead. My doctor said ok, I'll humor you, but we will then test again and then you will need to go on the Prev Pac. So of course he was pleasantly surprised when it came back negative and I no longer had any reflux.

Now I have been reading that taking a lot of magnesium can cause low stomach acid in some individuals and that can create a perfect environment for H Pylori. I also found some information, I think, on this site about Vitamin C helping low stomach acid.

So since both C and Mag have really helped me wouldn't it be wise to take them both at the same so I never have this situation again? Or wouldn't it matter? Sorry, I know you all can't give medical advice but can you answer this in general? Thanks!

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Coconut oil and oil of Oregano/ HPylor? Vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by davids1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi Jeanne,

There is absolutely no problem ingesting magnesium with ascorbic acid. Magnesium ascorbate is actually produced that way, i.e. mixing the two together. However, if it were me, I would see what a Bowel Tolerance daily dose of ascorbic acid alone could do for my health [assuming a daily healthful, i.e. minimally acceptable, ingestion of magnesium in/with the diet and or supplementation], because, while there is no known upper-limit health risk with ascorbic acid ingestion, I am fairly certain that is not the case with magnesium.

I hope that helps, Jeanne, and best wishes,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Coconut oil and oil of Oregano/ HPylor? Vitamin C

Post Number:#3  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:02 pm

Are you aware that Helicobacter Pylori is not the only Urease positive bacteria that infects the stomach? You might be clear of Helicobacter but you might not be clear of other Urease positive bacteria! Some of them are extremely difficult to eliminate. Coconut oil and Oregano oil, Vitamin C will not destroy them. I have tried many other essential oils without success. It takes far more than that to destroy them. Effective efflux pump inhibitors along with strong antibacterial substances are the minimum that is required. They protect themselves using a biofilm and efflux pumps which eliminate harmful substances.

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”