Metalic taste from vitamin C?

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

aariel

Metalic taste from vitamin C?

Post Number:#1  Post by aariel » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:02 am

I've been on 6-9g of L-ascorbic acid for just over 2 months and I've started getting a metallic taste in my mouth, have there been any reports of this side-effect?

I'm also taking 3g lysine daily so I'm wondering if this effect is coming from metals like copper and iron from arterial plaque.

I also just started experimenting with DIY sodium ascorbate and am wondering if the baking soda have metals in it like aluminum?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Metalic taste from vitamin C?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:10 am

What form of vitamin C are you taking? Yes, perhaps AL in baking soda. No reports since 1994 of this nature visa vis vitamin C/lysine.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Ralph Lotz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:38 am

No aluminum in baking soda. Aluminum often in baking powder.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

aariel

Post Number:#4  Post by aariel » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:14 am

As a baker and health enthusiast I'm well aware of the differences between baking soda and baking powder and always use aluminum free baking powder.

The makers of Arm & Hammer baking soda when asked will say their baking soda does not have added aluminum. However, they will not furnish a chemical analysis of their product. As it is a mined product is could potentially have any element in it. Mining and processing may also introduce contaminants. In either case I would think the levels would be low.

Bob's Red Mill sells "Aluminum-Free" baking soda, but this may just be a meaningless advertising slogan--like claiming a glass bottle is BPA free.

Thanks for the input.

Cis4me
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by Cis4me » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Are you sure you aren't just "tasting" the sodium ascorbate? I've personally found that when I use really high doses of ascrobic acid, I find I can taste it after a while... although for me it only occurs if I take over about 30 grams or so which is very rarely even possible for me.

aariel

Post Number:#6  Post by aariel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:05 pm

This link states that AA is a chelator of iron and can be used to assist in deferoxamine therapy:

http://www.drugs.com/mmx/sodium-ascorbate.html

Now the same link says a lot of other things that are just wrong or stupid, so I don't really trust the source entirely. But the taste I experience from time to time is an iron type of taste. At the WAPF we are concerned about excess inorganic iron accumulation in tissues, especially in men. Inorganic iron is the preferred type for iron fortification of processed foods. And since men don't menstruate or give birth, we have a harder time than women eliminating iron. And I'm only a few months into a high-dose AA regime so I think I must be chelating iron and that's what I'm tasting.

I eat lots of lightly braised liver (mostly raw) and drink raw milk so I'm not too concerned about becoming anemic.

OCC

Post Number:#7  Post by OCC » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:59 am

If you have amalgam fillings and low selenium level this can occur. Especially in this case it is absolutely necessary to take selenium. Would suggest you, to check your selenium level. Prefer organic forms like Se-MethylSelenoCysteine which does not
generate the cell toxic hydrogen-selenid because liver produce directly methyl-selenol which is known for his great anticancer effect. And additional maybe 100 - 150 mcg high selenium yeast (take no more of this selenium, because the methionine bound selenium will build in into proteins instead sulfur. To much deplete of sulfur, which is necessary for healthy blood sugar, can lead to diabetes 2. Everybody who take some 100mcg of high selenium yeast - or selenomethionine itself - can proof his blood sugar in the morning on empty stomach and can see his higher blood sugar) contain around 20 - 90 % selenomethionine which in contrast to Se-MSC will incorporated into proteins and so interact intracellulär with maybe HG and other toxins of amalgam.
To boost Se Vit E (mixed) would be fine. Look at Life Extension.
Best Regards, OCC

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”