Reference in Irwin Stone's book "The healing factor"

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

joiv
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Reference in Irwin Stone's book "The healing factor"

Post Number:#1  Post by joiv » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:58 am

I noted in chapter 13 of Irwin Stone's book "The healing factor - Vitamin C against disease" under "Other viral diseases" a reference to a report by Vargas Mage. It is reference number 27. It is not included in the reference list online. I was wondering if anyone has the book, and if they could provide me with this complete reference.

I am trying to collect all of the old articles on treatment with vitamin C before it becomes so difficult to get the original paper that no one will read them anymore.
Bowel Tolerance: Approximately 30 grams – Prefers pure ascorbic acid.

VanCanada

Re: Reference in Irwin Stone's book "The healing factor"

Post Number:#2  Post by VanCanada » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:56 am

Taken from page 204 of the 1978 printing of 'The Healing Factor' - Irwin Stone wrote:27. R. Vargas Magne. Vitamin C in Treatment of Influenza. El Dia Medico, vol. 35: pp. 1714-1715. 1963

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:35 am

I am trying to collect all of the old articles on treatment with vitamin C before it becomes so difficult to get the original paper that no one will read them anymore.

joiv you are a gem! How successful have you been with this quest? We are also interested in collecting (and paying) for copies of these old papers. Do you have most of Stones references? Send me a PM and we can discuss your compensation if you can scan and put these papers on line here!

We think we know that Stone's file cabinet of over 700 vitamin C studies was passed by his son to Oscar Falconi, formerly owner of Wholesale Nutrition and now residing in CA, but he doesn't answer his phone or have email... We've even offered Van a reward if he could get his hands on that file cabinet!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by gofanu » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:21 am

A vote for enlightened citizen of the year!

I expect you are familiar with this:
http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/
But if not...
This may be the single most important reference site on the internet. Don't know who AlexS is, but he gets lots of votes too.

But, it is not just vitamin C, rather all the early, honest, preprofit research published 1900 onwards. Or in the case of vitamin C, as far back as 1500 and earlier. One window is Adelle Davis, who as I have mentioned, received her training and experience before "entrenched interests" got hold of things. You might notice that many of the best research is done by people who were not primarily physicians, but interested parties from other fields. The rare exceptions, like Klenner, were also reading and thinking about the early research.

FRM

joiv
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by joiv » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:37 pm

I am aware of it. It is a good resource, but it is incomplete.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:33 pm

joiv wrote:I am aware of it. It is a good resource, but it is incomplete.

Joiv, are you avoiding my question? How much of a collection do you currently have, or are you just starting? And can we work with you to "publish" these old papers on the Internet?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

joiv
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by joiv » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:06 am

I am sorry. I must have skimmed the page for new posts too quickly.

I have made a review of the evidence for effects of vitamin C injections on virus diseases. You might also wonder why I would do this since Levy has already done a great job.

The following are my reasons for doing it:
1) I wanted to see it all for myself
2) I wanted to make a complete list of all the cases (and organize the case descriptions systematically)
3) More evidence has become available recently
4) Not all the cases are described in detail in Levy's book

There are probably some legal issues associated with distributing the articles online (mostly the newer articles). However, there is always a way. I would be happy to share the articles. I think it would be a good idea to also publish my organized case descriptions as it would make the material of interest more easily available. Then we could organize all the evidence according to diseases and update it continuously. I don't need any compensation. The university pays for the articles and I would have done this anyway.

Schencking et al. have recently performed an observational cohort study on IV vitamin C in the treatment of shingles. It is completed and will probably be published soon.

I have been collecting articles for a while (but so far mostly restricted to IV/IM-treatment and virus diseases). I have met an obstacle recently as the medical library I have been using decided to shut down their services for students. There are two more medical libraries close to where I live so I will increase my efforts (which means provide both libraries with lots of work).

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:54 am

Fantastic. So you are a University Student. Ph.D.? I saw your message to communicate, but my life is currently crazy - we hope to literally change the world, and I am learning how to live on 3-4 hours sleep per night. (Luckily I have my vitamin C and artificial sunlight keeping me from getting sick)

If you (or anyone for that matter) have (has) an interest in creating an "alternative" Pubmed for these and all old studies, I am all ears.

I was going to wait, but it may be time to tell everyone that we are about to adopt an idea that was first proposed here (at this forum) many many years ago. For the Foundation to manage a WIKI on vitamin C.

But it is going to be even bigger than that - it will include all nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids.

It will include real health claims - arbitrated by an industry consortium (think of Life Extension, Vitamin C Foundation, Vitamin D Council, Weston-Price, etc.)

And it will include extensive links to the science on the Internet - and we hope to enlist those interested here as "foot soldiers" to help find and collect links to the science via a wiki-like interface.

That is why we want to also create our own alternative medline/pubmed - for the older papers, so we can reference/link to these old studies.

Consider this a very brief intro and overview. A company is forming to do this, and it will eventually be a commercial venture. Because we already know that the software we have in mind does not exist - I feel somewhat comfortable with this "pre" announcement. It will definitely avoid the problem we have today that minions from Big Pharma can take correct information out of wikipieda as soon as it is published there.

Imagine how the world might change with real, truthful health claims available to the masses.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

joiv
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#9  Post by joiv » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:59 pm

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

Authorized M.D. in less than a year. Currently temporary license. No Ph.D. yet.

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”