Sinus/Gum Infection

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Sinus/Gum Infection

Post Number:#16  Post by Cobraman » Sun May 29, 2011 7:33 pm

An antibiotic would be helpful. Your oral surgeon should be able to call one in for you. Do you have tenderness to palpation in the area of the recent extractions? If so you may have a piece of osseous sequestrum, a piece of bone that broke free during extraction and is trapped in site, causing mild localized infection. Usually on upper little chance of infection because upper bone is so well circulated. Worst case scenario is that the surgeon will make an incision and curette the site(scrape the bone and make it bleed). This will drive circulation to the area and heal it. It won't even be that sore. Bottom line is your RA is compromising your immune response so do you can to strengthen your immune system. This can be done w/ supplements, exercise, and better sleep.

hranch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#17  Post by hranch » Sun May 29, 2011 8:19 pm

c
Last edited by hranch on Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glacier920

Post Number:#18  Post by glacier920 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:11 am

hranch, I got sinus problems too. I also have oral problems and I have found that vitamin C does wonders for me. Do you get bad breath in the morning? I do, but the Vitamin C seems to have lessened it quite a bit. I think it is the bad smell or discharge that causes the sinus problems. The germs from the mucous in your mouth makes its way up the nasal passage and it is being exposed for several hours while you are sleeping. Whenever I wake up after a few hours of sleep, I get a mucousy mouth, I think it's because of some sub clinical to almost acute scurvy state. I have been taking Vitamin C for almost a year, and I have not heard that you need to take enough to cause loose stools until a few months ago. Since then, I have felt a lot better, though the chronic problem is not completely cured. I have found a direct effect between my vitamin C intake and how bad my mouth is in the morning. But for some strange reason, the high intake of vitamin C did not completely cure it. Now I am taking lypo-spheric vitamin C, and I think the improvement is increasing still. I hope that I would be cured soon. It may take awhile. I hope describing some of my problems may help yours. Cheers.

-C

hranch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#19  Post by hranch » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi

c
Last edited by hranch on Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#20  Post by eDOC » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:00 pm

I would suggest taking .8% Parthenolide 500mg caps along with VC for at least 3 months adjusting its dosage with serum CRP & RA levels.

Clinically have seen excellent results in cases of RA, Migraines & infections.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Daniel D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#21  Post by Daniel D » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:05 am

Hi,

for the infection i think Iodine would may be of great help. I have used Lugols solution and povidon
Iodine for gum infection etc. as a mouthwash (diluted with water).
It worked very well and fast for me, but i have had only some minor inflammation and bleeding gums.
I used it with flossing too (undiluted).
I have read somewhere on the net, that it had helped in a case of severe gum inflammation where implants were not possible before the use of Iodine.

Migraine is IMHO caused by hormone imbalance (LEF.org is selling a book explaining that in detail). Mercury poisoning can be the root of this. Since i take Pregnenolone, Testosteron and Hydrocortison (just as needed) i do not have migraine anymore. May be your adrenals are weak due too the stress caused by your health issues (again i recommend curezone for that and may be Cutlers book on Mercury amalgam as Mercury taxes the adrenals he explains a lot).

hranch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#22  Post by hranch » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:03 pm

c
Last edited by hranch on Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#23  Post by eDOC » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:38 am

Have they thought/ ruled out Trigeminal Neuralgia?
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

hranch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#24  Post by hranch » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:52 pm

c
Last edited by hranch on Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#25  Post by Johnwen » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:21 am

Well I finally got around to reading this post and the last posting was 4 month’s ago and couldn’t help but to wonder if she found any help for her problem.
First of all I’d like to compliment Edoc and Cobraman on their thoughts and advice on this matter. Without the patient in view and responding to words their years of experience shine through without a doubt.

First her infection: She really doesn’t go into too much detail as to the type or name of the antibiotic used. Since she really didn’t get to much help with it I would have leaned towards a trimethoprim or a sulfamethoxazole type antibiotic with her case I would lean more in the Smx direction because of the spectrum it covers.

The pain and other body symptoms seems to definitely point towards neuralgia. My feelings on this is I believe gabapentin would be the drug of choice in this matter. I would start at 100mg 2x a day and look for response, probably shoot for 3x a day. Maybe a short term, low dose steroid for controll at beginning would help.

These is just my opinion after 4 months hopefully the V-C has given some relief. I also hope someone hasn’t convinced her she needs to take anti-depressants for a tooth problem.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

scurvyencounters
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#26  Post by scurvyencounters » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:48 pm

hranch, I just read through this thread and a few thoughts come to mind.

First of all, with all the mention of crowns and dental work, no one has talked about mercury toxicity! Do you have or have you had mercury amalgam crowns and fillings? And with root canals, there is the possibility of cavitations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0WWXzJuuRY&feature=relmfu
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYbOvx54OOs&feature=related are some youtube videos concerning mercury and root canals.

The severity of my family's mercury toxicity experience has taught me to take it very seriously.

My son's success adding niacinamide to his protocol has led me to do the same. Mercury toxicity issues would cause me to have serious headaches, but adequate niacinamide levels have made all the difference in the world.

Dr William Kaufman used niacinamide successfully for many years with his arthritis patients. I don't recall if that included RA as well as osteo. Do a web search on william kaufman, arthritis, and niacinamide.

By the way, have you ever read Dr Hal Huggins book, "Its All In Your Head" concerning mercury toxicity?

hranch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#27  Post by hranch » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:50 pm

c
Last edited by hranch on Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#28  Post by ofonorow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:09 am

My doctor says sometimes people are sick and get better without anyone knowing the cause. I know that the Vitamin C and Lugols has helped me tremendously.

Well, I'm sorry I didn't think of this before. If adrenal fatigue/low cortisol output wasn't the proximate cause of your infections (See Jefferies SAFE USES OF CORTISOL, 3Rd Edition (2004), then by now your adrenals are definitely exhausted leading to the infections and symptoms you describe.

In my opinion, there is little doubt that a sub-replacement dosages of cortisol, as described by Dr. Jefferies, would work a stronger miracle for you than even vitamin C. (Note: Adrenal tissues have the largest concentration of vitamin C in the body.)

However, finding a doctor to give the long-term prescription is nearly impossible. You might ask your doc(s) if you can get a short term prescription (as I was able to get one or two prescriptions from every doctor, but not a long-term prescription).

In lieu of reading the Jefferies book, you want to take less than or up to 8-10 mg of predinsone or methyl prednisolone (what I now take) or up to 35-40 mg of hydrocortisone.

Exceeding these amounts is dangerous.

You should experience considerable relief on half these dosages.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

hranch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#29  Post by hranch » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:22 am

c
Last edited by hranch on Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#30  Post by ofonorow » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 am

hranch wrote:I will definitely talk to the doctor but think I will have to find a different one as my own doctor has mentioned she is not as knowledgable in this area. Maybe she thinks I am nuts.. Today the shocking pain in jaw came back and caused some serious heartburn. It has stuck with me all day. Sometimes it feels as if I have been shocked in the jaw and other times just a low aching pain going down my face. Seems like the pain originates at the upper jaw but feel pain run up to temple and down through the neck. At which point the heartburn starts.

Heartburn can be a lesion at the lower end of the esophagus. Add baking soda to your ascorbic acid, or take about half your vitamin C as sodium ascorbate. That should help some. (Also, avoid antacid pills, as low stomach acid reduces the bioavailability of vitamin C. )

The pain in the jaw implies the infection is active. These are called cavitations and you will need a Huggins trained dentist to remove them. (Like night and day after my dentist removed mine - and my tonsils. I now strive to keep my teeth/mouth clean daily with a water pic and sonic blaster (in lieu of floss). :D

So I still recommend cortisol replacement based entirely on my own experience. I am the co-founder of the Vitamin C Foundation and take 18 g (approx.) every day. Yet I developed probably the only serious disease that will not respond to vitamin C! Quite a learning experience. Adrenal exhaustion. With the hormone (cortisol) replacement dosage as recommended by Jefferies, I am playing tennis again. Knock on wood.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”