Amino acids restore glutathione synthesis in aged people

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

rasarver
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Amino acids restore glutathione synthesis in aged people

Post Number:#1  Post by rasarver » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:51 am

"Glutathione deficiency in elderly humans occurs because of a marked reduction in synthesis," Rajagopal V. Sekhar and colleagues conclude. "Dietary supplementation with the glutathione precursors cysteine and glycine fully restores glutathione synthesis and concentrations and lowers levels of oxidative stress and oxidant damages. These findings suggest a practical and effective approach to decreasing oxidative stress in aging."

See full article at http://www.lef.org/whatshot/2011_07.htm ... -and-women

Does anyone on the forum supplement with glycine? Is it really beneficial? Doesn't vitamin C also help restore glutathione levels?

Lemonaid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Amino acids restore glutathione synthesis in aged people

Post Number:#2  Post by Lemonaid » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:21 am

Yes, whey protein (which has been shown to elevate glutathione).

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:52 am

Doesn't vitamin C also help restore glutathione levels?

According to Boyd Haley, who had developed his own product to raise intracellular GSH, the only other known way is Vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by eDOC » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:50 am

Vit D3 helps raise body's Glutathione synthesis & thus levels.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

VanCanada

Post Number:#5  Post by VanCanada » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:40 pm

rasarver wrote:Does anyone on the forum supplement with glycine? Is it really beneficial?
Yes, sometimes. One or two doses daily (0.8 grams each) when I do. Hard to say if it's beneficial. It doesn't knock your socks off if that's what you mean. What are you getting at exactly? I don't feel any different. Only noticeable effect is that urine loses most or all color; you'll have to ask an expert to find out what if anything that might indicate.

Mark Schauss recommends taking it but emphatically states to take no more than 3 grams daily. I can find the reference to that if you like - it's from one of his podcasts. He unfortunately doesn't explain why not exactly. If anyone knows why not let us know.

Daniel D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by Daniel D » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:22 am

Well i have taken NAC for this purpose, glycine, TMG and methionine. Some glutamin needed too.
Alpha lipoic acid is helping too. If you have had some mercury exposure (e.g. due too dental amalgam) i would recommend reading the Cutler protocol prior to use any of those.

In case of NAC and methionine i would always take B vitamins with it, just to keep homocysteine levels in check.

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”