Urgent help needed! Young son has viral infection

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Urgent help needed!

Post Number:#16  Post by majkinetor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Owen wrote:You are speculating and it makes little sense to me.

No, you are speculating and providing pubmed search results with query "ascorbic acid lactation" isn't serving your cause. Research is not done like that.

Like I said, breast milk vitamin C content is small, around 4mg/dl (between 3 and 6). If baby takes 1L per day, its 40mg, if you tripple that, its ~120mg (best case 200mg/day) which is not serous dose for viral infections. Even if we acknowledge that content of mothers on C megadoses is not examined, it can't be much more then this as BM content is highly controlled by the body. So please, Owen, get serious.

Kolganito wrote:I also read somewhere that Vit C level in breast milk increases only to a certain point and than stays the same no matter how much the mother is taking.

Yes, that is correct, and that can be found in breastfeeding and lactation related physiology books which I happened to check, unlike Owen.

If you happen to give him antibiotics you must take care of probiotics, Bifido and Lacto bacteria are dominant flora in babies and you need to give him between ABs.

Otherwise, I agree with Jacquie recommendations totally, and since you were already taking megadoses before rising up a dose is not a problem. As of dosing for the baby, I would just add that Andrew Saul thinks that you should give baby "as much as it is needed to reduce symptoms" but flatulence is good marker anyway.

kolganito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#17  Post by kolganito » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:32 am

Looks like baby feels better this morning. He slept almost 9 hours last night after taking ibuprofen. The fever is down to 100F, but I think it is just temporary.

majkinetor wrote:Obviously a baby won't need doses that large, but he may be able to take quite a bit more than you'd first expect.

I was not sure how much to give at first. I tried to separate the recommended 4g dose over 24h, but it was too little. This morning I gave him 1g of sodium ascorbate over couple of hours and I think it is still not enough for him. He drank it with please, though, stopped fighting it, so now it would be easier for me to give it to him.
I wish I gave him a larger dose right from the start, maybe it would have cut his misery time. Well, it is my first time dealing with a sick baby. Now I know what to do.

Jacquie wrote:I personally cured my last case of the flu (sick for 2 days before starting the C, fever, exhaustion, etc.) by taking 15 - 20 grams (a heaping tablespoon of sodium ascorbate in a glass of water) every 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

I had a similar experience. Not sure it was the flu, but I had an unbelievable headache 9which I NEVER get) and a sudden fever of 102. That was the first time I took a large dose of Vitamin C. I was a bit worried taking it, because I was nursing my one month old at that time, so I took only 500mg every 2-3 hours. Surprisingly, it was enough. I took one tylenol before I went to sleep and woke up at night like a new person.
Now every time I feel like I am coming down with something, I just take 2g every hour and feel better in the matter of hours. I would love to find out my bowel tolerance (can't do now as I am breastfeeding). I guess I'll have to wait till my son is weaned.

Thank you everyone for the help!

kolganito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by kolganito » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:58 am

majkinetor wrote:If you happen to give him antibiotics you must take care of probiotics, Bifido and Lacto bacteria are dominant flora in babies and you need to give him between ABs.

I don't give him antibiotics, just ibuprofen (which has a load of crap on its own). I am not giving him anything but breast milk, sodium ascorbate, and pedialyte (to make sure he is hydrated).

I used to give him homemade kefir and yogurt for probiotics, but he keeps vomiting, so I decided to exclude those. Yesterday, he didn't vomit all day, but this morning three times already.
I thought he was getting better...

I was also wondering how fast vitamin C gets absorbed in the body. If I give him some and then he vomits after that (lets say something like 10-15 min), should I consider that dose wasted?

I am not sure why he started vomiting again today, hope it is not because of the Vit C. He actualy drinks it with pleasure today, so I was panning to give him until he reaches his bowel tolerance.

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#19  Post by Jacquie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:14 am

kolganito wrote:I used to give him homemade kefir and yogurt for probiotics, but he keeps vomiting, so I decided to exclude those. Yesterday, he didn't vomit all day, but this morning three times already.
I thought he was getting better...

...I am not sure why he started vomiting again today, hope it is not because of the Vit C. He actualy drinks it with pleasure today, so I was panning to give him until he reaches his bowel tolerance.

Is he still well hydrated, e.g. does he have at least the same number of wet diapers as when he's well? Is his fever the same, better, or worse, and does he seem to feel any better, or is it about the same as yesterday?

Is he vomiting only the C solution, or does he ever vomit after nursing, too? And are you giving pure ascorbic acid, or did you add some baking soda to make it sodium ascorbate? It might be that his stomach is on a hair-trigger and rejects even the mild acidity of ascorbic acid. After he vomits, is he very unhappy and fussy, or does he sort of take it in stride?

kolganito wrote:I was also wondering how fast vitamin C gets absorbed in the body. If I give him some and then he vomits after that (lets say something like 10-15 min), should I consider that dose wasted?

In an adult, a certain amount of vitamin C is quickly absorbed through the stomach wall, but breastfed babies have a little bit of difference in their stomach function....

Whoops, gotta go for now. I'll elaborate on this a little more in a few hours; just wanted to at least get this much posted...
Last edited by Jacquie on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kolganito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#20  Post by kolganito » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:33 am

Jacquie wrote:Is he still well hydrated, e.g. does he have at least the same number of wet diapers as when he's well?

He has much less wet diapers (about 3) than usually (8), but the doctor said that he is not dehydrated. He had a catheter inserted yesterday to take urine, and he was holding a lot pee till this afternoon. I had to hold him on my chest as he was peeing, he was crying (Probably irritation from the catheter).
Jacquie wrote:Is his fever the same, better, or worse, and is does he seem to feel any better, or is it about the same as yesterday?

His fever is a bit down. I gave him ibuprofen 3ml 8:30pm last night (fever went down 99.6), 2ml at 4aml; during the day the temp was 101.3, but than at 4pm I gave him another 2ml. He's sleeping now and i feel his fever is down.

He seems to feel a little better, he played briefly couple of times and could stay out of the sling (I have been caring him in the sling since Monday evening, he wouldn't even let me sit down, I had to walk all the time)

Jacquie wrote:Is he vomiting only the C solution, or does he ever vomit after nursing, too?

Twice he vomited after nursing, once 20 min after nursing and there is always milk in the vomit. I tried to space out Vitamin c and nursing and it helped. He didn't vomit since morning

I am giving him Ascorbic acid mixed with baking soda (2:1) with little water via dropper.

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#21  Post by gofanu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:06 am

Adelle Davis said that B6 is generally preventative/curative for nausea & vomiting, and was/is commonly used for such by even mainstream medicine when she was writing (1940-70). Up to 500 g/day for short periods.
<<<EDIT!! THAT'S 500MG/DAY>>>
Also for many/most of the complaints of pregnancy, when B6 requirements increase from conception.
She says 10mg/day in formula fed babies, or 25mg/meal for nursing mothers. If vomiting has already started, considerably higher amounts can be needed to stop it.
Most people are deficient most of the time, and pregnancy, stress (baby worry!) etc increase needs drastically.
I would suggest that you take 50mg 4x/day for a few days, and at least 50mg/day after things settle down. Might add 20 mg/day to Baby's vit C doses now, taper off after vomiting stops.
B6 has no known upper limit in the very short term, but can be a problem if way out of balance with other B vitamins and minerals (especially magnesium) for long periods. So, keep up the yoghurt/keffir, for both of you. Get your B vitamin intake up, and at minimum 500mg/day magnesium for you.

My wife had a miracle pregnancy at 44, with no side effects at all; she could and did outwork all her younger co-workers through a very hot summer, up to 8 months. Our daughter was raised per Adelle, and her first vomiting experience was a shock, at age 5! Her first and only prescription was when she went off to college and slacked off her vitamins.

I strongly suggest you obtain the Adelle Davis books, unfortunately out of print but available used.
Let's Eat Right to Stay Fit
Let's Get Well
Let's have Healthy Children
They are not always the easiest to use, but if you want to learn, she covers almost everything. In 40+ years of looking into nutrition & health, I've yet to find anything she's wrong about. There is some more recent research that adds to her recommendations, but she is the best place to start.

FRM
Last edited by gofanu on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sjmusic2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#22  Post by sjmusic2 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:14 am

I'm a little late to the thread but L-Lysine is also strongly anti-viral and I always increase my dose (with AA) when I feel a cold coming on - I take both daily anyway per Pauling's protocol.

You may also want to increase vitamin D too if you live too far north and aren't exposed to UVB much through the Winter.

kolganito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#23  Post by kolganito » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:10 pm

gofanu wrote:I strongly suggest you obtain the Adelle Davis books

Thank you for advise, I will look into these books. I am currently reading Pauling's book, but want to wait till my baby weans to start his protocol. I am affraid that if i begin to take mega doses of vitamins now, I can start to detox.
sjmusic2 wrote:I'm a little late to the thread but L-Lysine is also strongly anti-viral and I always increase my dose (with AA) when I feel a cold coming on - I take both daily anyway per Pauling's protocol.

Too bad I didn't know that. I even have L-Lysine at home because my mother is on Pauling's regime. I thought L-lysine and L-Proline were fir the heart support.

gofanu wrote:her first vomiting experience was a shock, at age 5!

I was shocked when my baby got sick. I though I was doing everything right. I exclusively breastfeed, I eat right, take 5g Vit C, complex vitamin/mineral; I have started baby on Vitamin C as well, every time I was taking my dose, I gave him a bit from a dropper (I guess was not enough to prevent the virus), I also give him 1tsp of cod liver oil and 400IU of vit D daily. I check my Vit D blood level and it was normal, so I don't take it but maybe I should. I also take 1tsp of cod liver oil and 1 tsp of fish oil daily. Baby solids consist of organic meat, eggs, veggies, cheese and a lot of homemade yougurt and kefir.
I feel guilty now that I haven't done enough to prevent my little boy from this suffering. I know one might say that all kids get sick, but we as parents have to do our best to protect them and make sure their health/immune system is in the best shape. I though my protocol was enough to prevent him from being

kolganito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#24  Post by kolganito » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:16 pm

gofanu wrote:I strongly suggest you obtain the Adelle Davis books, unfortunately out of print but available used.
Let's Eat Right to Stay Fit
Let's Get Well
Let's have Healthy Children

Does it matter which addition?

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#25  Post by gofanu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:18 pm

I do not think edition matters too much. I got copies for friends and found differences; there was a certain amount of "outside input" adding the constant "talk to your Doctor" refrain in later editions, but I think the information is pretty intact. It's still undoubtedly the best starting point
As a practical point, the paperbacks have very small print and the paper is disintegrating with age; since you will probably find these to be constant references, might invest in hardbacks if you can find them. I've always found that reading all three gives a much clearer understanding of what you need to do.

Following Klenner, my wife took 10gm/day C, and daughter got 1gm/day/year of age. as a baseline. More as needed for stress or any sign of illness coming on.

You will find that "vitamin/mineral complexes" are wildly out of balance, especially B vitamins. It is necessary to correct for this, notably B3-Niacin, B5-pantothenic acid, PABA are usually low by a factor of 20. There was formerly a company, Plus Products, who produced B complex per Adelle's specs. but they are long gone, so you need to figure it out yourself.
No multi has anywhere near the amount of magnesium you need, since it is bulky and tends to give a bitter taste to anything it is added to.

For B vitamins and related:
I take B50 from Puritan's Pride, plus:
Niacinamide, pantothenic acid, PABA, 500mg each
Folic acid 1600mg <<<EDIT- 1600MCG>>>
Magnesium (oxide) 500-1000mg/day, always with C.
Iodine as Lugol's 2-4 drops - 12.5-25 mg/day
Selenium 200mcg/day
ANY stress, infection, pain add Pantothenic acid up to 20% of vitamin C, B6 100mg
Severe or constant stress I just take everything twice per day.
C as ascorbic acid 15-20gm/day

FRM
Last edited by gofanu on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kolganito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#26  Post by kolganito » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:49 pm

gofanu wrote:You will find that "vitamin/mineral complexes" are wildly out of balance, especially B vitamins.

I am aware of that, but as I said, I don't want to change the vitamin intake drastically as I am nursing. I will wait till baby weans completely and then will definitely take B-50 complex , Vitamin A, E and D and the rest I need to research more.

gofanu wrote:Magnesium (oxide) 500-1000mg/day, always with C.

Do we really need that much magnesium? Do you take in powder form and mix it with ascorbic acid?
gofanu wrote:Pantothenic acid up to 20% of vitamin C

What do you mean by 20%? What are you referring to?
gofanu wrote:I take B50 from Puritan's Pride, plus:
Niacinamide, pantothenic acid, PABA, 500mg each
Folic acid 1600mg

Doesn't B50 contains enough B vitamins? 1600mg of folic acid seems too much for me.

There is so much contradicting information that my head spins from all of this. It is impossible to take all the supplements, how do you choose which ones are right for you?

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#27  Post by Jacquie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:36 pm

kolganito wrote:He has much less wet diapers (about 3) than usually (8), but the doctor said that he is not dehydrated. ...His fever is a bit down. ...He seems to feel a little better, he played briefly couple of times and could stay out of the sling (I have been caring him in the sling since Monday evening, he wouldn't even let me sit down, I had to walk all the time). ...I tried to space out Vitamin c and nursing and it helped. He didn't vomit since morning. ...I am giving him Ascorbic acid mixed with baking soda (2:1) with little water via dropper.

Sounds like you're getting it under control, awesome!

kolganito wrote:I was shocked when my baby got sick. I though I was doing everything right. I exclusively breastfeed, I eat right, take 5g Vit C, complex vitamin/mineral; I have started baby on Vitamin C as well, every time I was taking my dose, I gave him a bit from a dropper (I guess was not enough to prevent the virus), I also give him 1tsp of cod liver oil and 400IU of vit D daily. I check my Vit D blood level and it was normal, so I don't take it but maybe I should. I also take 1tsp of cod liver oil and 1 tsp of fish oil daily. Baby solids consist of organic meat, eggs, veggies, cheese and a lot of homemade yougurt and kefir.
I feel guilty now that I haven't done enough to prevent my little boy from this suffering. I know one might say that all kids get sick, but we as parents have to do our best to protect them and make sure their health/immune system is in the best shape. I though my protocol was enough to prevent him from being

:( Don't be too down on yourself; you're definitely on the right path and aware of the vast importance of nutrition (and the poor quality of the Standard American Diet). It is very, very hard to figure out all this stuff without professional guidance (and God knows there aren't enough orthomolecular nutritionists around). You did know that your son needed extra vitamin C; you just didn't know what the best dose was. Don't feel guilty that you didn't spend all your time reading about this stuff; after all, your attention and love for him are irreplaceable and even good nutrition can't replace that. In Nutrition and Your Child's Soul, Dolev (a forum member here) calls parents' love for their children "Vitamin L". I'd say he's right.

sjmusic2 wrote:...L-Lysine is also strongly anti-viral...

Well... this is true, but only for herpes viruses. Lysine interferes with a replicator that is specific to them. So, while lysine won't hurt you (it is an essential amino acid, after all), there isn't any evidence that it will kill any viruses except herpes viruses (it does work really well against herpes viruses, though. Even in other species, like cats).

There are about 8 kinds of herpes viruses that infect humans, including a couple that can cause flu-like symptoms. It's unlikely that any of these are what your son has right now, so it's probably not essential that you get lysine into him. It won't hurt him, but unless he has something like roseolovirus, it won't help, either.

Edit: Wow, you guys are posting faster than I can go! I have a little more to add, but I'll just post this for now.
Last edited by Jacquie on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kolganito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#28  Post by kolganito » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Jacquie wrote:Sounds like you're getting it under control, awesome!

I thought we were out of the woods, but he started vomiting again in the evening, He vomited twice right after I nursed him. I am completely lost at this point. I have no idea what to do. I am afraid he'll get dehydrated even though I try my best. I boiled some bay leaf with ginger and lemon zest, and gave him a teaspoon to calm his stomach, he fell asleep and an hour later nursed and vomited right after.
Maybe because he is feeling better, his appetite is bigger now, but his stomach is not ready yet for that much of milk? I can't control how much he is taking from the breast. Should I express and give a bottle for now? But then, he wants to nurse for comfort too... As I said, I am lost...

What can I give him to stop vomiting? Also, what can help with his constipation (no poop since Monday)? He tried straining today, but nothing...

I thought I would give him more Vit C today as he was taking it better, but between his vomiting and sleeping practically all day, I didn't know how and when to squeeze a dose in him (So he probably took only about 3g if that.) . After vomiting, I give him some time to calm the stomach before giving him anything. Then, I have to space Vit C from breastfeeding and pedialyte.

Edit: don't know where else to turn for help, so trying to keep up with answers.

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#29  Post by Jacquie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:42 pm

(Yikes, I typed up a post on supplements and saw you had posted again. I'll paste in the supplement stuff at the end; you've got enough on your mind for now.)

kolganito wrote:Maybe because he is feeling better, his appetite is bigger now, but his stomach is not ready yet for that much of milk?

This crossed my mind, too. Vitamin C, taken in the proper amount, has the curious property of making you feel better before you are actually all the way well. Dr. Robert Cathcart called this "Unsick". He said sick people taking vitamin C should be careful not to push themselves too far as they felt better, because their bodies were still working hard to eliminate the virus. Looks like maybe this is happening to your son, too, and making his eyes bigger than his stomach, so to speak.

kolganito wrote:I can't control how much he is taking from the breast. Should I express and give a bottle for now? But then, he wants to nurse for comfort too...

It sounds like a good idea to express and feed by bottle (you might even have success adding some sodium ascorbate to the milk). You could also try a slow flow nipple, so he can nurse longer for comfort without overloading his stomach.

kolganito wrote:I thought I would give him more Vit C today as he was taking it better, but between his vomiting and sleeping practically all day, I didn't know how and when to squeeze a dose in him (So he probably took only about 3g if that.).

One really good thing is he's been able to sleep. Sleep is healing. And if you can reduce his vomiting with a bottle/slow flow nipple, you should be able to get more C in him.

Did your pediatrician have any suggestions for reducing vomiting?

-----------------------
-----------------------

(Supplement info)
kolganito wrote:There is so much contradicting information that my head spins from all of this. It is impossible to take all the supplements, how do you choose which ones are right for you?

Ditto on this. It's a huge job to sort out the facts, and learn how much of which nutrients to take. It's the kind of specialized learning that we usually pay professionals for - but in this case, the professionals are scarce. So we're left to sort it out ourselves. :roll:

It's best to take it a step at a time. The people here know quite a lot, and can point you in the right direction for many nutrients. There's still a lot of self-education needed, though.

A few I can tell you that are drastically low in most Americans are C, D, K/K2, iodine, and magnesium.

kolganito wrote:Do we really need that much magnesium? Do you take in powder form and mix it with ascorbic acid?

Yep, magnesium is a biggie. 500 - 1000 mg is correct, although I wouldn't take magnesium oxide, as it's absorbed poorly. Unfortunately, magnesium can be tricky to get enough of, because taking too much at one time has a laxative effect (speak of the devil...). It's best to get magnesium citrate, or one of the "chelated" forms, like magnesium malate, glycinate, orotate, etc.

gofanu wrote:You will find that "vitamin/mineral complexes" are wildly out of balance, especially B vitamins. It is necessary to correct for this, notably B3-Niacin, B5-pantothenic acid, PABA are usually low by a factor of 20.
kolganito wrote:Doesn't B50 contains enough B vitamins? 1600mg of folic acid seems too much for me.

I agree with gofanu, although don't worry too much for now - it's not the end of the world to get only 50 mg of Bs 1 - 6.

Regarding folic acid (I think that should be 1600 micrograms, not milligrams):
In How to Live Longer and Feel Better, Linus Pauling wrote:There is an odd situation involving folic acid. In 1960 the FDA ordered that no vitamin tablet or one-day supply of vitamins contain more than 250 micrograms of folic acid, later increased to 400 micrograms. These cautious orders were not issued because of evidence that folic acid is toxic in larger doses. Folic acid is not toxic. Indeed, the FDA limit of 400 mcg is less than the amount considered necessary for good health. Professor Roger J. Williams, who... carried out some of the early work on folic acid, has written that "...about 2000 mcg, instead of 400 mcg... would be recommended if it were not for the conflicting FDA regulations".

Why, then, does the FDA prevent all of us from obtaining the proper amount of this important vitamin? The action was taken... to make it easier for physicians to diagnose ...pernicious anemia. This disease results from the failure to transport vitamin B12 from the stomach to the bloodstream. The resulting deficiency of vitamin B12 is characterized by anemia and by neurological damage leading to psychosis. Both vitamin B12 and folic acid are required for the production of red blood cells in the bone marrow, and a deficiency in B12 is in part compensated for by increasing the intake of folic acid. Accordingly a high intake of folic acid may prevent the anemia from developing, but does not control the neurological damage resulting from B12 deficiency...

In 1960 spokesmen for the medical profession argued that physicians relied on the development of anemia to recognize the disease and that if folic acid prevented the anemia, they would not know that a patient beginning to show signs of psychosis was in fact suffering from pernicious anemia. The FDA then announced its order limiting the amount of folic acid in vitamins...

Now, a quarter of a century later [when Pauling wrote this], physicians know more about pernicious anemia, vitamin B12, and folic acid. It is easy to test any patient with neurological problems for B12 deficiency. There is no longer any need for the FDA regulation that limits the amount of folic acid in vitamins. This regulation should be revoked.

And I would add that people taking more folic acid can easily get yearly B12 shots, which guarantees the B12's availability. People should be more concerned about getting too little folic acid than too much.

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#30  Post by gofanu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Vomiting - I posted precisely because B6 is commonly low in pregnant women and their babies, and because stress - worry & lack of sleep on your part and the "infection" on the baby's - depletes all B vitamins but especially B6. Since Adelle says this is specific, it seems clear to me that you need to get B6 up posthaste.
She also says that pyloric stenosis, a severe form of vomiting commonly treated surgically, can be cured with heavy B vitamins "...giving the baby every hour a tablespoon of uncooked wheat germ softened in milk. This small amount was miraculously retained and the vomiting completely stopped." (wheat germ is high in B vitamins and minerals) "...severe vomiting stopped when B vitamins were given them. ...30mg B6, 1/4 teaspoon magnesium oxide, and a concentrate of all the B vitamins."
"A baby whose stools are hard is almost always deficient in B vitamins and/or magnesium."

The folic acid amount is correct, as Jacquie said - after I fixed the unit error! The B50 has 400mcg, plus the 1600 added, for a total of 2000, Just as professors Williams and Pauling said.

Yes the magnesium is also correct, with some knowledgeable people saying that 1200mg or more might be even better. Virtually every process in your body is magnesium dependent, generally at several points. Maybe most notable is in the mitochondrial production of energy from ATP, which is life itself.
Magnesium supply should not be a problem, except that horrid farming practices, acid rain, and food processing have greatly reduced the effective nutritional supply.

Comprehensive info on Mg at "Magnesium for Life" at mgwater.com lot of reading!

It is often said that magnesium oxide is not well absorbed, but this is not true if your stomach acid is correct (which depends on B vitamins, iodine, and magnesium!). As a precaution, I always take it with ascorbic acid, and it is very clearly absorbed in the same 20 minutes it takes to absorb the AA. When I started doing this (1968), MG oxide was about the only Mg source readily available, and it is still the easiest and cheapest. I take 500mg tablets, which
I crack with my teeth, along with at least 1 gm ascorbic acid. Usually I take it with powdered AA in liquid.

Pantothenic acid is required for formation of coenzyme A, which is necessary for all metabolism of nutrients. It is also required for formation of adrenal hormones - corticosteroids, and is depleted by stress of all sorts, including infections. So, an infection or worry or a broken leg deplete it, your metabolism goes down, your pain that is normally controlled by endogenous cortisone goes up - you hurt, feel sick, and are tired, and, you are now prone to all sorts of evil things. Adelle's basic antistress formula was 500mg C, 100mg Panto, 10 mg B6; take as needed. I have successfully eliminated a 1/2" dental abscess in 15 minutes with 5gm C, 1 gm panto, and 100mg B6, totally eliminating both the swelling and pain. Such emergency measures need to be repeated for a while, until things heal. There are no reports if toxicity of panto, up to at least 10-20gm/day. So yes, panto at up to 20% of vitamin C, for anything "they" would give you cortisone for.

Every person and every situation is different, so far as nutrition goes. Nobody can tell you just how much of this or that are needed, but you can get a baseline and work off that. The key is symptoms, or clusters of symptoms. So you need to learn a framework, to get some idea of what goes with what, and then work off that. I found Adelle's books first, and still think they are the best. I have done a lot of studying of these matters over 45 years, and am constantly surprised as more pieces keep falling into place. As Jacquie said, it's what "professionals" are supposed to do, but - they ain't doin' it!

FRM

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”