Urinary Tract Infection

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

tkud8
Contributor
Contributor

Urinary Tract Infection

Post Number:#1  Post by tkud8 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Has anyone experienced getting good results of treating UTI using vit. C?

My toddler is complaining about pain in his lower tummy..
He's currently on abx due to infection from his cold that was not responding to mega-C and stosstherapy..
After 6 days of fever w/o fever suppressant, I surrendered to abx.. and that stopped his fever after the 2nd dose..

I'm being very paranoid if he is having some other problem.. :(

So far no other symptoms.. and the abx that he is taking supposed to cover URI and UTI as well..

I am hoping to try if vit. C would help..
Dee

tkud8
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Urinary Tract Infection

Post Number:#2  Post by tkud8 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:10 pm

I am waiting to get urine sample from him for doc to verify.. He is currently napping..
So until then, i'm trying to put on whatever armor that is available..

Thanks in advance..
Dee

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by majkinetor » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Effects of pH, Nitrite, and Ascorbic Acid on Nonenzymatic Nitric Oxide Generation and Bacterial Growth in Urine
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1089860301903714

Nitrite may be generated by bacteria in urine during urinary tract infections. Acidification of nitrite results in the formation of nitric oxide (NO) and other reactive nitrogen oxides, which are toxic to a variety of microorganisms. We have studied NO formation and bacterial growth in mildly acidified human urine containing nitrite and the reducing agent vitamin C. Urine collected from healthy subjects was incubated in closed syringes at different pH values with varying amounts of nitrite and/or ascorbic acid added. NO generation was measured in headspace gas using a chemiluminescence technique. A similar setup was also used to study the growth of three strains of bacteria in urine. Mildly acidified nitrite-containing urine generated large amounts of NO and this production was greatly potentiated by ascorbic acid. The growth of Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Staphylococcus saprophyticus was markedly reduced by the addition of nitrite to acidified urine. This inhibition was enhanced by ascorbic acid. In conclusion, we show that the growth of three common urinary pathogens is markedly inhibited in mildly acidified urine when nitrite is present. The bacteriostatic effect of acidified nitrite is likely related to the release of NO and other toxic reactive nitrogen intermediates. These results may help to explain the well-known beneficial effects of urinary acidification with, e.g., vitamin C in treatment and prevention of urinary tract infection.

tkud8
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by tkud8 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:10 am

Just wanna "close" this..

It was a false alarm.. my son was alright after all.. he didn't display anymore pain in his tummy until now..
We didn't do the urine sample in the end..

I appreciate the article.. Have been searching high-low for such article..

Thanks again..
Dee

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”