"The Vitamin C Treatment of Whooping Cough"

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#1  Post by Jacquie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:45 am

Found this via this thread on another site:

A detailed discussion of the nitty-gritty of whooping cough, and instructions on how and how much C to use to treat it.

Some highlights:
Dr. Humphries wrote:Do not use antibiotics: the side-effects of that outweigh the advantages, particularly since antibiotics don't work for whooping cough.

...A pinch [of sodium ascorbate powder] is about 250 mg. Bear in mind that mainstream doctors prescribe antibiotics on the basis of 350 mgs per kg of body weight. So 250 mgs is miniscule, really. If I thought my baby was really sick, then I would calculate vitamin C for her at 375mg/kg of body weight, and give that over waking hours, making sure that a larger dose is given just before night, to tide the baby over longer hours.

...I find it amusing in the wake of pharmaceutical disaster after disaster in all areas of medicine, including my own specialty, that there is even discussion of a toxicity level for vitamin C - especially for a sick person...

...For anyone to consider that vitamin C could have toxicity means that they have no understanding of the various roles that vitamin C has in the body...

...One of the biggest problems is that people are scared to use the sorts of doses they need to. They have been brainwashed about how dangerous vitamin C is in large doses. They see 20-30 Grams for an adults or 5-10 grams for a child to be a megadose. But when the body has the level of need that someone with so much bacterial exotoxin and oxidative stress has, these seemingly high doses often just keep up with the ongoing need. To help with the pertussis, you have to give a big enough dose, because it's going to be used up hand over fist.

...In babies with subclinical scurvy, (which the doctors never recognize, because they think all forms of scurvy disappeared with Captain Cook's discovery) the blood brain barrier weakens significantly...

Always great to see another doctor on board with C!

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: "The Vitamin C Treatment of Whooping Cough"

Post Number:#2  Post by majkinetor » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Very nice. Thx.

Annee
Contributor
Contributor

Re: "The Vitamin C Treatment of Whooping Cough"

Post Number:#3  Post by Annee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:22 pm

I agree! Vitamin C is one of the most effective and common remedies for whooping cough!
My grandma usually makes a pot of lemon honey to treat this. :)
One more article that has helpful information about whopping cough I just found https://authorityremedies.com/home-reme ... ping-cough

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”