New Method for Very High Potency Liposomal Vitamin C

Discussion of the benefits and disadvantages of commercial and homemade (DIY) liposomal vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

dazed1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Method for Very High Potency Liposomal Vitamin C

Post Number:#106  Post by dazed1 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:16 pm

Also during 2 of my cyles, into the ultrasonic bath the solution reached 35c, did i destroy my solution totally? :(

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#107  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:45 pm

dazed1 wrote:Also during 2 of my cyles, into the ultrasonic bath the solution reached 35c, did i destroy my solution totally? :(

I would not of thought so as 35C is not that high. It should be fine.

dazed1
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#108  Post by dazed1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:23 pm

BrightSideOfLife wrote:
dazed1 wrote:Also during 2 of my cyles, into the ultrasonic bath the solution reached 35c, did i destroy my solution totally? :(

I would not of thought so as 35C is not that high. It should be fine.

But i think it is for the liposomes sadly :(

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#109  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:57 pm

I think that is very borderline. BTW if liposomes breakdown there is no reason why they cannot be recreated by redoing the processes at a lower temperature. It is not a one way process. Just reblend and resonicify (I am not certain that is a valid word :oops: ) the mixture.

There is no reason to throw it out.

BTW you seem to think in a very digital way ie yes, no, good, bad, success, failure. People are taught this and it is wrong! Real life is not like that. Real life is analogue! A range of values. There is no day or night there is a infinite range of brightness levels between those two points. Try and think more analogue as it is far less restricting and real. Some of your liposomes might of broken down because of the temperature but many will not of done so. It may not be perfect, but it is not a failure it is a success which you can improve on next time. See it as a learning experience.

DaniCola

Post Number:#110  Post by DaniCola » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:16 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I came here because of the qualityliposomalc.com procedure, and I have 3 questions for Chris (or anyone here familiar with his procedure).

1. Firstly, for STEP 1 'dissolve VC in water and alcohol', it says "...heat to 35°C while irradiating..." ---> what is the advantage of using heat AND sonification for this step, as opposed to just heating over a stove or in a water bath?

2. Secondly, for STEP 3 'remove the bubbles', I am a bit confused...it says "place the beaker in the ultrasound machine for about 30 minutes or until the bubbles have been removed" ....So, are we just keeping the mixture warm to get rid of the bubbles (like in a water bath)?....Or do we actually sonificate/irradiate the mixture during this step??? I know it sounds dumb :oops: and I'm probably overthinking this, but the instruction here doesn't explicitly say whether or not we also irradiate during this step....it might be obvious/implied, but for STEPS 1 & 4 the instructions SPECIFICALLY say "...while irradiating..." as well as "...and irradiate...", respectively. So I just want clarification here, because I'm a LipoC novice, so I need spoon-fed instructions! :roll:

3. Lastly, are the settings (e.g. Freq = 37kHz) for the UC in STEP 1 the same for STEPS 3 & 4 ???

Thank you, the website and this forum has already provided a wealth of knowledge :mrgreen:

BikerBill

Post Number:#111  Post by BikerBill » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:45 am

Hi all. I am new to this forum and to be honest, I know very little about Liposomal Vitamin C. However, I do know a lot about using Ultrasonic Cleaners and perhaps some might find the blog entry here useful. https://bestultrasoniccleaner.wordpress ... -vitamin-c

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#112  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Thanks for the advertisement BikerBill :evil: :roll: :lol: :!: However the prices are a lot higher than I can get them elsewhere.

The one that I was interested in costs only £170 on eBay and is £250 on that site.

I have found a new contender the James 6MX which looks very nice but is a lot more expensive. It does have variable power as well as degass, sweep, pulse and more power than the Elmsonic P60H at 240W compared to only 150W on the Elmsonic @240V. No multiple frequencies which is the only missing feature. The higher power might be beneficial but it costs around £450 which is considerably higher than £170. The higher power might make all the difference. I did not get any feedback on my last request for help on choosing an Ultrasonic Cleaner. Thanks for that!

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#113  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Have any of you been fully able to remove the acidity from your batch? Otherwise it seems to defeat the purpose of doing it liposomal.

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#114  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Have you tried reacting the Ascorbic acid with either sodium Bicarb, Potassium Bicarb or even Magnesium Carbonate? Using Magnesium Carbonate would neutralize the acidity of the Ascorbic Acid because it is slightly alkaline. It comes as a bright white powder but when it is mixed with Ascorbic acid it turns clear forming Magnesium Ascorbate. It can be reacted with any other acid if necessary if you want to include Magnesium in an easily absorbed form such as Malic Acid and Magnesium Carbonate to form Magnesium Malate. It can be reacted with Lysine, Proline, TriMethylGlycine etc etc which neutralizes the acidity and forms highly absorbable forms of those amino acids and important magnesium. Plus it's fairly inexpensive and provides large amounts ie 28.8% Magnesium. As I mentioned the Ph is not that high so it takes quite large amounts to neutralise the acidity so you get generous amounts of magnesium when you use it. I frequently use 10ml of Magnesium Carbonate reacted with many different amino acids such as Proline, Lysine, Ascorbic Acid, TriMethylGlycine, Aspartic Acid and a number of others. For the basic things you might require a bit less than 10ml. You can always add some sodium bicarb or potassium bicarb to neutralise any remaining acidity after the magnesium carbonate has taken care of most of the acidity.

Search4Truth

Post Number:#115  Post by Search4Truth » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:52 pm

This is my first post. For more information about me please refer to my profile.

I am preparing to perform the process of contributor norma67 as described on page 6 of this thread. I have 2 questions.

Can the phosphatydlcoline be of the 98% concentrations as some of the trading companies on Alibaba.com claim?

When the sodium ascorbate is added to the phosphatydlcoline, can the motion required be that of the agitation of the sonicator? In other words, pooring the SA solution into a preheated PC solution already in the sonicator? Perhaps on a low power setting until the solution emulsifies. Then on a higher setting to create the proper size liposomes? My sonicator has a 30w and 50w settings.

I am grateful for your ideas. Al.

BikerBill

Post Number:#116  Post by BikerBill » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:41 am

BrightSideOfLife wrote:Thanks for the advertisement BikerBill :evil: :roll: :lol: :!: However the prices are a lot higher than I can get them elsewhere.

The one that I was interested in costs only £170 on eBay and is £250 on that site.

I have found a new contender the James 6MX which looks very nice but is a lot more expensive. It does have variable power as well as degass, sweep, pulse and more power than the Elmsonic P60H at 240W compared to only 150W on the Elmsonic @240V. No multiple frequencies which is the only missing feature. The higher power might be beneficial but it costs around £450 which is considerably higher than £170. The higher power might make all the difference. I did not get any feedback on my last request for help on choosing an Ultrasonic Cleaner. Thanks for that!

We all like a bargain and eBay is a great hunting ground. However, many of the sellers are based in China and if the machine breaks, you will have a problem getting it exchanged. And for certain you will not be able to have a chat with anyone on the phone. And I always answer requests for help.

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#117  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:42 am

BikerBill wrote:
BrightSideOfLife wrote:Thanks for the advertisement BikerBill :evil: :roll: :lol: :!: However the prices are a lot higher than I can get them elsewhere.

We all like a bargain and eBay is a great hunting ground. However, many of the sellers are based in China and if the machine breaks, you will have a problem getting it exchanged. And for certain you will not be able to have a chat with anyone on the phone. And I always answer requests for help.

Actually not located in China, located in the EU which ATM means not paying any extras. With 2 year warranty too which I doubt yours has.

Elpaggio

Post Number:#118  Post by Elpaggio » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:13 am

I followed the procedure described by norma67 very precisely (using both vitamin-E and coconut oil)
but was unable to reach a PH above 3.2.

People mention that a reliable indicator of the quality of the liposomal vitamin-c liquid without having access to labaroty gear is given by the taste (acidity)
and bowel tolerance. The better encapsualtion the less ascorbic acid is available for the taste buds and bowel.
If this is true PH must be an even better/more precise indicator, right?
So the higher PH the better encapsualtion?

I have benn followin Chris' procedure as well but same result in regards to PH.
What am I doing wrong? I follow procedures very precisely.

norma67 according to this document "Influence of temperature on the manufacturing of liposomes" (http://www.pharmtech.tu-bs.de/files/mue ... le0110.pdf) the transition face
of pure lipids (phospatidylcholine) is 41.4 C and the upper limit (Krafft) point of lecithin (none pure lipids) is 58 C.
Should we aim for 58 C when melting the lecithin instead?

The document states: "For the formation of liposomes a certain temperature
between 41.4 °C and 58 °C is necessary"

Does this mean that we should mix in the ascorbic acid solution at this temperature in the water bath and keep it there for a while
or should we aim for that temperature range when doing the sonification?

There are also some very precise advice regarding sonification in the document.
One should use periodic sonfication as opposed to continous sonification.

Chris explicitely states the we should keep the temperature below 32 C when doing the sonification
and a maximum of 35 C during the first stage of the process which contradicts what is mentioned in the above document
and in norma67's procedure where temperature is above transition phase temperature.

Hope you guys can help me clarify my confusion about temperatures in the different stages of the procedure.

Finally thanks for all the great contributions in this forum!

testingc

Post Number:#119  Post by testingc » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:04 am

I'm new here. Just finished reading Chris' qualityliposomalc.com research, and am ready to put it into practice. Nice to meet you all.

I have the following in various shopping baskets, ready to order. Before I pull the trigger, would you mind critiquing these options?

Blender: Vitamix (already own this)

Ultrasonic Cleaner: Wunicorn Ultrasonic Cleaner with Heater Timer Digital Stainless Steel (2L) (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CP5YVTS)

Lecithin: Bluebonnet Nutrition, Super Earth, Lecithin Granules (non-GMO soy, 24.9% Phosphatidylcholine) http://uk.iherb.com/Bluebonnet-Nutritio ... 60-g/12804

Alcohol: Utkins UK5 Pure Grain Organic Vodka (100% chemical-free, 40% proof) http://www.abelandcole.co.uk/uk5-organic-vodka-70cl to purchase, http://www.uk5.org/index3.htm for research

Vitamin C: UK/EU sourced Ascorbic Acid by Nature's Best https://www.naturesbest.co.uk/vitamin-c ... src=gonato

Distilled water: https://apcpure.com/product/Distilled_W ... GwodlYYD4w

Any issues with the above choices?

jara_j

Post Number:#120  Post by jara_j » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi all,
I'm new here and please excuse my english. What I want to share with you is my correction of this procedure, because like you I also tried to make it and it was too thick to use it comfortely. What I find is really simple method that is based on patent meant in description. The end product is I think visually very similar to professional clear honey-like looking fluid. Other methods I tried never produced such clear fluid. No ultrasound used.
If you want try this:
Ingedients
Ascorbic acid (AA) 120g
Distilled od purified water 310g
Lecithin 60g
Vodka 37,5% vol. 120g
At first boil over distilled water and pour 310g of it to glass jar. Let to cool it to about 50C (122F). Dissolve 120g of AA in it, mix it with plastic spoon. In another glass jar pour 120g of Vodka and add 60g of lecithin and mix it with plastic spoon. Don't use blender, only mix by hand. Don't make bubbles. If it is not perfect homogenous it doesn't matter. Then add AA solution and mix by hand about one minute. Then warm and mix it slowly by 5C (10F) steps in microwawe oven (one step about 20s) until it changes structure to more clear fluid (about 50C 122F). There is threshold. You have to be able to see fingers through the jar. Then it is finished. You can cool it but don't cool it below room temperature because I'm almost sure low temperature destroys liposomes.
Enjoy it.
By Jaromir
Last edited by jara_j on Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Liposomal Vitamin C”