Hickey/Roberts vs. Levy on liposomal vitamin C

Discussion of the benefits and disadvantages of commercial and homemade (DIY) liposomal vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

thomsen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hickey/Roberts vs. Levy on liposomal vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by thomsen » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:47 am

I stumbled across this article from the Orthomolecular News Service: Can Vitamin C Cure Ebola? In it, authors Steve Hickey, Hilary Roberts, and Damien Downing state the following about liposomal vitamin C:

Liposomal vitamin C is NOT more effective than IV for fighting acute infections. This suggestion is unscientific and unsupported by data. We prefer liposomes for chronic infections and cancer, but this does not extend to acute illness.

This is in stark contrast to Levy's view that liposomal vitamin C is very effective against acute infections:

http://www.peakenergy.com/articles/nh20140411/Exposing-the-truth-about-liposomal-nutrients/ wrote:My clinical opinion is that one gram of properly-produced and orally-ingested liposome-encapsulated vitamin C is as or more effective than 5 to 10 grams of vitamin C given intravenously, for an acute viral syndrome.

I would be very interested to hear Owen's or anyone else's opinion on this dispute about the effectiveness of liposomal ascorbate.

pounce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Hickey/Roberts vs. Levy on liposomal vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by pounce » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:37 am

thomsen wrote:I stumbled across this article from the Orthomolecular News Service: Can Vitamin C Cure Ebola? In it, authors Steve Hickey, Hilary Roberts, and Damien Downing state the following about liposomal vitamin C:

Liposomal vitamin C is NOT more effective than IV for fighting acute infections. This suggestion is unscientific and unsupported by data. We prefer liposomes for chronic infections and cancer, but this does not extend to acute illness.

Did you happen to find or do you know where in the references they can state as fact that "NOT"? I assume there should be something, but perhaps they are taking some creative license with making opinion look like fact.

Does anyone disagree that there are no real clinical studies of any substantial size to prove one way or another?

thomsen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by thomsen » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:35 am

Nope, there was no reference for this claim in the article, and a quick search did not yield any useful result.

thomsen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by thomsen » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:53 pm

I found this podcast episode that features both Dr. Hickey and Dr. Levy and at the end they briefly talk about their difference of opinion of liposomal vitamin C. Unfortunately, it doesn't add much other than the knowledge that Dr. Levy is aware of Dr. Hickey's opinion.

https://youtu.be/FZ0j3S1KJEQ?t=50m37s (starts at 50m 37s)

Return to “Liposomal Vitamin C”