Any success in completely reducing acidity?

Discussion of the benefits and disadvantages of commercial and homemade (DIY) liposomal vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any success in completely reducing acidity?

Post Number:#1  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:59 am

I asked in another thread but no reply so I thought it'd be better to make a thread.

My relative on the Pauling therapy cannot tolerate most things since they either induce diarrhea or constipation. His bowels are extremely sensitive and glutamine exacerbates it. He thinks he might have colorectal cancer because of this but he lacks bloody stools and fatigue to make it more believable that he has it.

Liposomal seems honestly to be too expensive. If I could make it at home with absolutely no acidity then I'm sure he'd take it.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Any success in completely reducing acidity?

Post Number:#2  Post by exitium » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:48 am

I remember seeing some add baking soda/power, dont recall which to reduce acidity.

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:59 pm

What's the point if you can't reduce acidity any serious amount or if it is at all acidic? iherb's liposomal vitamin C even has reviewers who note that it is acidic and produces loose stools. Well, isn't it a complete waste of money and time, then?

iherb.com/LypriCel-Liposomal-Vitamin-C-30-Packets-0-2-fl-oz-5-7-ml-Each/61579
It's their second best selling product!

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by exitium » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:32 am

RatherBeUnknown wrote:What's the point if you can't reduce acidity any serious amount or if it is at all acidic? iherb's liposomal vitamin C even has reviewers who note that it is acidic and produces loose stools. Well, isn't it a complete waste of money and time, then?

iherb.com/LypriCel-Liposomal-Vitamin-C-30-Packets-0-2-fl-oz-5-7-ml-Each/61579
It's their second best selling product!

Ability to reduce eliminate acidity boils down to how much baking soda/powder is used, not that it can or can not accomplish the task.

Loose stools have nothing to do with acidity. You get loose stools when the amount of vit c you take gets to the colon and is not absorbed by intestines. When this happens it leaches fluid from surrounding tissue causing the loose stools/diarrhea. The answer is simple, lower the dose.

Im noit here to convince anyone to take Vit C, do it or dont. The answer for me is clear and the benefits extremely tangible.

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:44 am

exitium wrote:
Ability to reduce eliminate acidity boils down to how much baking soda/powder is used, not that it can or can not accomplish the task.

Loose stools have nothing to do with acidity. You get loose stools when the amount of vit c you take gets to the colon and is not absorbed by intestines. When this happens it leaches fluid from surrounding tissue causing the loose stools/diarrhea. The answer is simple, lower the dose.

Im noit here to convince anyone to take Vit C, do it or dont. The answer for me is clear and the benefits extremely tangible.

If not loose stools or diarrhea then acid reflux or heart burn..
I want to try to make liposomal vitamin C but if I can't reduce the acidity completely then to me it's useless to go through that time consuming route (having to get the supplies, etc.)

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by tjohnson_nb » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:15 am

In my experience 'heartburn' is caused by a backed up digestion system and is easily solved by taking bowel tolerance doses of C. Your stomach can handle HCl which is much stronger than AA, the problem is physiological - you are getting acid where it shouldn't be, like in your esophagus.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by exitium » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:01 am

tjohnson_nb wrote:In my experience 'heartburn' is caused by a backed up digestion system and is easily solved by taking bowel tolerance doses of C. Your stomach can handle HCl which is much stronger than AA, the problem is physiological - you are getting acid where it shouldn't be, like in your esophagus.

Could also be H. Pylori infection.

Return to “Liposomal Vitamin C”