What the hay, it is beneficial, quick method, is it possibly liposomal?

Discussion of the benefits and disadvantages of commercial and homemade (DIY) liposomal vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What the hay, it is beneficial, quick method, is it possibly liposomal?

Post Number:#1  Post by skwoodwiva » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:22 pm

What the hay, it is beneficial, quick method, is it possibly liposomal is some way?
I considered that lecithin should be in my protocol anyway. As well as being on PT, I do not want a high level of encapsulation.

I had a inspiration today to start taking my daily 25 g of AA in a possibility liposomal brew. Kinda like Norma's method.
32 oz jar.
Edit, where was my head?
I confused the F least significant digits with the *C value!
Its been a while...
I was going from memory...

Yet look at this:
From our fourm but only the Goggle cach is available.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =1&vwsrc=0

Key post:
"Postby OxC » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:25 pm

FishermansWife wrote:I am making some vitamin c gummies for my children today but I need to know which temperature destroys vitamin c. I am determined to prevent any loss if possible. Thank you!

I like your gummy idea, and was at the lab yesterday, so I thought, what the heck, I'd do a little experiment for you.

I dissolved 1 tsp AA in one cup of room temperature distilled water. That should make a solution of about 2%. pH by dipstick 2.5. Reserved a sample ("Before heating"), then put the beaker in the microwave, covered with plastic food wrap leaving one small hole to let steam escape. Heated until I could see it boiling (that took almost 2 minutes). Let it stand for 5 minutes, then put it in the refrigerator. I checked its temperature periodically. After 75 minutes, the solution was back to room temperature. Then I tested the vitamin C concentration using the methods and instruments that I use for my products. The results:

Before heating: AA = 2.17%, DHAA = 0.02%
After heating: AA = 2.19%, DHAA = 0.03%

What? The vitamin C concentration increased? Yes, this is due to evaporation, which concentrates the solution slightly (the steam that escaped while boiling). As you can see, brief exposure to boiling temp had little effect on the vitamin C concentration.
Douglas Q. Kitt, founder of ReCverin LLC, sellers of stabilized dehydroascorbic acid solutions."

Hmm anyway on to the next rendition of my quick method soon.

~2/3, 22 g lecithin, 1 oz vodka, brought to 150 to155* F (150 in this trial) in microwave.
Remainder volume in a separate jar 25 g of AA brought to 130* F.

Then slowly mix the AA solution in the other.
Swirling vigorously.

Then quickly cool, but gradually, under a small stream of cold tap water.

Once below 110* or so:
I also add my other supplements in after my first 5oz dose.
Niacin, taurine, proline, lysine, ACAR, celery seed & d-ribose.

It does maintain body when cold.
What do y'all think?

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: What the hay, it is beneficial, quick method, is it possibly liposomal?

Post Number:#2  Post by skwoodwiva » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:21 am

I have a VC blood test to do any time I want. So I will use it to verify this method somewhat. 8mg/Dl was my last test on 20 g total, 6x .

My 2nd rendition at "normal temps" 45*C / 32*C, went flat.

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by skwoodwiva » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:14 pm

I made a 3rd batch today.
25 gr AA in as little distilled water as possible @ 50*C. About 30 gr water. Slowly microwave.
At the same time:
25 gr lecithin in 40 gr rum & 120 gr water. Heat in microwave slowly to same temp. But it took longer to smooth out.
I used norma67's cautious mixing method.

It came out thick enough but stringy.
I keep it a room temperature for the day.

I may get out the little Harbor Freight sonicator for future batches as norma67 also does. I use mine in the fridge! I need an auto stirring gizmo for keeping the temp in control in the bottom of the pan.
Seems I do not want to get near 40*C at all if not lower while sonicating.
Last edited by skwoodwiva on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by skwoodwiva » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:07 pm

4th batch,

20 gr water and 25 gr AA.
@ 55* C

110 gr water, 40 gr rum, 25 gr lecithin
@ same temp.
Note, a key feature: I keep the metal cap on the quart juice bottle while microwaving it, to keep the rum safe. A wet piece of cloth keeps the lid cool. Also capped at other times too.

Clear, amber & thick.
Same as before, norma67's cautious mixing.
Then the sonicator once @ 5*C in fridge. Brought to 30*C. Wiping the transducer area constantly.
Added a saturated solution of soda to the remnants in the pan, negligible foaming from this amount of volume similar to the remnants! Even after stirring to a thin solution, no foam.
Previous batches foamed considerably.

The $64000.00 question is: is OxC's assessment valid about AA at high temperatures. Why is everybody afraid of exceeding about 32*C?
I will do this batch until my VC test on tuesday.

skwoodwiva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:05 pm

VC test results, 7.9 mg/dl, the same as April, but I was dosing at only 15 gr VC of my brew of semi liposomal. No non lipo for test dose or this night before.
Yet took the VC test at 3 hrs after my first dose of 6 a day. Sooo seems there must be some lipo in it. As 20 gr(non lipo) was the April dose and test taken in the middle of that peroid (3hr).
To boot, this last 64 gr batch (test day batch) was poorly executed. The soda test foamed much more than my last good 24 gr batch.

Strange it is that they gave me the exact same figure(I rounded it to 8 for my posts)!
I may have to call Quest...

Return to “Liposomal Vitamin C”