Dosage and risk of cancer with telomerase activator

Discussion of the 2009 Noble Prize in Medicine, focusing on substances that reduce telomere shortening by activating the human telomerase enzyme

Moderator: ofonorow

cedel

Dosage and risk of cancer with telomerase activator

Post Number:#1  Post by cedel » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:39 am

A big question that I have is about the ­risk of cancer with TA-65 or Astragalus idée IV and cycloastragenol .. And also the dosage bec­ause the quantities in vitro are huge com­paring to oral intake.
What to really think about this article­ and the evidences ?
http://owndoc.com/anti-aging/ta65-revge ... complaint/

Thanks ­

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Dosage and risk of cancer with telomerase activator

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:52 am

Thanks for posting and this is definitely a point of controversy regarding the activation of Telomerase to lengthen telomeres.

My first reaction when I read that article ( written in 2009) is that it was a hit piece.

Either TA-65 is weak or strong at inducing our cells to produce telomerase. You cannot have it both ways.

Aggressive cancers already "know" how to strongly produce telomerase, so TA-65 cannot be a factor in aggressive tumors, even if its effect is strong.

There is a reason cancers occur more frequently later in life. When telomerese are shorter.

From my research to date, cancers are more frequent as we age because telomeres are shorter, and chromosomes then are unable to reproduce perfectly, leading two chromosomes to fuse, etc, These configurations have been observed in one cell creatures, as their telomers shorten, leading to the configurations often seen under the microscope in human cancer cells.

From everything I have seen, having long telomeres will not create cancers or even make the chance of cancers starting increase.

I believe that the best way to prevent cancer is to grow your telomeres or at least stop them from shortening.

It is confusing that cancers make use of telomerase to keep their telomeres long so they can continue to divide without end. But they do this without our help.

When we get to the end of our ropes - unless we can somehow lengthen the rope - its over. And everything I think I know tells me we want to do what Ed Park described in Telomere Timebombs - extend our telomeres to the lengths we had when we were teeagers.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

cedel

Post Number:#3  Post by cedel » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:08 am

And what about the dosage orally taken if you compare it to in vitro studies... It can also become so expensive that many could not afford high dosage
Where to buy the product, is it in capsules or liquid and what is the price and the shipping cost for Europe or Asia ?

blade

Post Number:#4  Post by blade » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:02 am

ofonorow wrote:[
When we get to the end of our ropes - unless we can somehow lengthen the rope - its over. And everything I think I know tells me we want to do what Ed Park described in Telomere Timebombs - extend our telomeres to the lengths we had when we were teeagers.[/color][/b]

so what do we do to increase the telomeres?

maybe?
dont be fat
dont stress out
be active(move a lot)
eat lots of veggies/fruit/antioxidants(AA)
eat Omega-3s
get vit D
get CQ10
get B vitamins
get tumeric(spice)
get k2
get vit A(carrots)
plenty of MG

lifestyle changes. low stress.plant based diet
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2013/09/10888 ... cell-aging
and again talked about here
http://www.ornishspectrum.com/wp-conten ... omeres.pdf

new stuff:
Protein GDF11. from young blood transfusions? https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... -old-mice/
TERM mRNA? -https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2015/01/telomere-extension-turns-back-aging-clock-in-cultured-cells.html

Prevent heart attacks/strokes

From

How to Live Longer and Feel Better':by linus pauling

1. Take vitamin C every day, 6 grams (g) to 18 g (6000 to 18000 milligrams [mg]), or more. Do not miss a single day.

2. Take vitamin E every day, 400 IU, 800 IU, or 1600 IU.

3. Take one or two Super-B tablets every day, to provide good amounts of the B vitamins.

4. Take a 25000 IU vitamin A tablet every day.

5. eat nutd

6. Keep your intake of ordinary sugar (sucrose, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey) to 50 pounds per year, which is half the present U.S. average. Do not add sugar to tea or coffee. Do not eat high-sugar foods. Avoid sweet desserts. Do not drink soft drinks.

7. Except for avoiding sugar, eat what you like - but not too much of any one food. Eggs and meat are good foods. Also, you should eat some vegetables and fruits. Do not eat so much food as to become obese.

8. Drink plenty of water every day.

9. Keep active, take some exercise. Do not at any time exert yourself physically to an extent far beyond what you are accustomed to.

10. Drink alcoholic beverages only in moderation.

11. DO NOT SMOKE CIGARETTES

12. Avoid stress. Work at a job that you like. Be happy with your family.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:44 am

All good things Blade, but me thinks you misses the point. These things have been found to delay telomere shortening, meaning you can in theory live longer. The point is that without telomere LENGTHING (as cancer cells have learned how to do to avoid burn out) when we get to the end of our ropes WE DIE. Every cell division without telomerase present shortens your telomeres in those dividing cells. Capice.

Supposedly there is a product than lengthens telomeres, TA-65 by TA Sciences, but it aint cheap. We rely on Ed Park that within 5 years at 100 mg dosage, his telomeres grew.

cedel wrote:And what about the dosage orally taken if you compare it to in vitro studies... It can also become so expensive that many could not afford high dosage
Where to buy the product, is it in capsules or liquid and what is the price and the shipping cost for Europe or Asia ?

TA-65 is available now. I would make sure it is the real thing (and not a knock-off, given the extreme high price.)

Ed Park's book implies that a dosage of 50 to 100 mg is required to lengthen.

TA Sciences' account reps tell doctors that their current 8 mg per pill is sufficient.

We have hopes that our TrifecTA liposomal is better absorbed, meaning less will do more. The jury is still out.

This is not a product for the masses. It is a very tough sell. It is very high priced, but worth it if it can do as advertised - LENGTHEN telomeres.

Sierra Sciences is endeavoring to discover other substances that may work the way cancer cells now work - which would keep humans alive indefinitely, at least from a telomere perspective.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Telomeres”